Pixhawk 2.1 for Solo.. Lets make this happen people (PRE-ORDER IT NOW)

Reaction score
Philip Rowse and his team are wanting testers for their new Pixhawk 2.1 for Solo. It's only through Facebook at the moment but let's get this happening and click...

A solo special Pixhawk 2.1 Autopilot, with the following features...
1. heated IMU
2. Better sensors
3. Aluminium housing
4. No glue! everything is screwed together allowing you access to the guts..
5. High voltage PWM, allows you to have better signalling to your ESC's.... (because apparently, ESC's failing in flight is a problem...)
6. Community built... (designed by Philip Rowse, with the help of an awesome team... Built by Hex Aero and ProfiCNC)
#votethecubeforsolo

Facebook Link

NOTE: I have no affiliation with anyone involved in this project, just want to get the word out..
Pre-Order from here: http://www.proficnc.com/oem-modules/79-the-cube.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Flashy
Well, how do we sign up? Can't really see how...

Well, how do we sign up? Can't really see how...
Apparently, you just have to like the page with a love heart, and that's it. Just long press on (on mobile) or hover over (if on a PC) the like button to see the other options pop up including the heart).

I know, not that intuitive

Last edited:
Reactions: Brooklynuav
its a closed group so you have to join
its free, I don't watch the main page much anymore, but its still one of the best places for solo news.
once you join you just heart the post

Hi All
Yes, this cube is a special version with 5v PWM out. Other features already listed above...

It will be listed in the proficnc.com store soon.

I have the Iris+ pixhawk. I like to test the cube. But I am still not sure what part(S) I needed to pre- order, just the cube only, or the tube+interface board+ pixhawk 2.1. if it needs a new pixhawk, that will change my decision.

I have the Iris+ pixhawk. I like to test the cube. But I am still not sure what part(S) I needed to pre- order, just the cube only, or the tube+interface board+ pixhawk 2.1. if it needs a new pixhawk, that will change my decision.

You need the suite. It comes with cables to fit your Iris+

Please buy from your local reseller, you can find a reseller at www.proficnc.com/stores

Thanks

That is the correct one for Iris, but purchase from your nearest distributor, not on my store...

For solo, there will be a special listing coming soon

That is the correct one for Iris, but purchase from your nearest distributor, not on my store...

For solo, there will be a special listing coming soon

Don't see one store in my area (Houston, TX). Check your map, none shows a web site for ordering.

Don't see one store in my area (Houston, TX). Check your map, none shows a web site for ordering.
All the stores are listed below the map, their stores are listed with their logo.

Please just pick a store closest to your location.

1) How much modding of the Solo will be required or is this going to be somewhat plug and play?

2) What is the weight penalty and lose of flight time?

3) Will the Solo controller, Solo app and Solex still work as currently with all functionality?

Reactions: J R and Nick F
1) How much modding of the Solo will be required or is this going to be somewhat plug and play?

2) What is the weight penalty and lose of flight time?

3) Will the Solo controller, Solo app and Solex still work as currently with all functionality?

Yep.. I would like to know too

From what i have read, it is basicaly exactly the same as the solo one but may have slightly better sensors, and a heated imu.

You do however have to bridge 5v on the board though.

Although it seems great, i dont know if it outweighs the cost. The GPS for the solo seems like a better upgrade, maybe someone will make a RTK/M8P as a direct fit.

Overall the 2.0 isnt exactly lacking power or ability. The death of the solo will be software i feel.

I just preordered a mavic, but make no mistake the Solo is still better for certain things!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

From what i have read, it is basicaly exactly the same as the solo one but may have slightly better sensors, and a heated imu.

Although it seems great, i dont know if it outweighs the cost. The GPS for the solo seems like a better upgrade, maybe someone will make a RTK/M8P as a direct fit.

Overall the 2.0 isnt exactly lacking power or ability. The death of the solo will be software i feel.

I just preordered a mavic, but make no mistake the Solo is still better for certain things!

Actually, I believe the software is what will keep Solo airborne for years.

RTK P model is already in the works for the cube

What will it do better than the current version? Why would I need it?

From proficnc the benifits were
"More reliable and heated imu". The heated imu is better in cold climates i suppose.

I got my mrobotics gps fitted today and am keen to try it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks