"PAUSE" button

Reaction score
When you press "PAUSE" my SOLO is in this mode for 2-3 seconds and resets back to the "FLY"
Someone tell me what's wrong?

I had stickie buttons, they wouldn't reset unless I forced them.... Just throwing out an idea as to what it could be... Following the same idea, I'd check to see if your FLY button isn't stuck down...

Thank RichWest:) Tomorrow I will try, can FLY button sinks

I POWER sinks button, then button FLY also sinks. The trouble with these buttons. It is necessary to press the button to reset the base

There is a cure for this disease? or open the card and check it out?

Well actually all the buttons on my controller would stick when depressed to some degree. Mine was related to having an excessive amount of clear coating gumming up the button holes and was one of the original production Solos. You may just need to clean the holes with alcohol and a swab of some sort, since you've had your controller for a while now.

In my case, A member back when suggested to clean out the button holes with an exacto blade. It's actually not an easy task, since you have to take the controller a part. Once the controller front panel is free, the buttons can be depressed further to allow a blade into the ID of the button hole. In my case and issue, once cleared out it has never been an issue.

You need to open the controller? to get to the buttons?

You need to open the controller? to get to the buttons?
Not for cleaning.....clean it from the top of the controller with alcohol first. Just make sure the controller is off or better yet pull the battery. If any of the buttons are stuck in your case, it's likely dirt or grime.

I made them!
Opened controller, took charge and cleaned out the blade and then the sandpaper around the buttons openings.

Reactions: RichWest
I had a sticky FLY button, 3DR made me send back the entire unit (Solo and all) for replacement instead of just the controller. My solo was a perfect flyer from day 1. Hope I don't get someone else's refurbished gremlin.

Hi all,

It's bittersweet to hear others are having sticky buttons also. Mine was the Power button. It acted like there was a small grain of sand stuck on the top right edge and if I didn't press only the lower left edge, it would stay down and not "click" resulting in the screen appearing to be frozen and saying "waiting for SOLO"

I too had to open the controller and free up the crazy thing. I never saw any debris, but it was easy to wipe clean.

I have had zero problems since.

All the best,
Santa

Now I'm wishing I would have skipped the 3DR RMA process, and just fixed it myself.

Reactions: Solo Keith
It's bittersweet to hear others are having sticky buttons also.
It's a fixable problem, no big deal... At least the plastic won't rust with the thicker clear coating...;)

Just for the record, I think the controller is actually a fairly nice piece of hardware. I can read the screen. The controls are tight and responsive, actual the Solo feels very precise in flight. The antennas can be upgraded with little effort. Solid phone mount. And it's a computer. Still trying to find a flaw with it...none to be found.

Reactions: Maddog and Jubalr
On my Solo's first flight I tried the pause button. Solo stopped, maintained hover in place for 3 seconds, then went to fly mode (still maintained hover in place). Just thought that was the intent?

On my Solo's first flight I tried the pause button. Solo stopped, maintained hover in place for 3 seconds, then went to fly mode (still maintained hover in place). Just thought that was the intent?

From the Solo manual: "The controller’s Pause button allows you to stop Solo in mid-air. Solo hovers at the paused location until given another command. Use the Pause button to stop Solo from hitting an obstacle or to reorient Solo for navigation. During Return Home or Land, you can pause Solo and stop the landing by pressing Pause. Pause is available only with GPS lock."

Also, when Solo is on the ground with the motors spinning, pressing Pause will stop the motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig