Nubee with some questions

Reaction score
I bought a Solo 2 days ago from Best Buy for $299. I've read and done a lot of research on this drone and chose it over a phantom 3 standard for the $$$. I want to do relatively cheap Mods and not kill the bank. What are some cool things I can do with it?
The following are some questions I have.

*I installed a thin single layer piece of cardboard in between the copper foil and intenna and didn't see any changes in the GPS or finding satellites before take off. I've seen good reviews on YouTube videos for that and didn't see changes. What's the deal with that?

*What do you do with the accessory bay? I'm just curious what cool things or mods you can do with it to take advantage of it.

*Having problems connecting sometimes when I start up the controller and solo. What order of operations should I use to connect easier?

*What is Solex?

*How can I prevent any bad experiences from happening like the flyaways and all the other horror stories that make people give this drone a bad review?

Scotty,
Welcome to the world of Solo!
The Cardboard mod you installed is intended to create a small gap between the GPS and RF shielding. If done right it can be very effective.
I had two Solos powered up simultaneously today. One has the stock (Rev A) GPS and the other has the upgraded M8N GPS from mRobotics. Both have a 3D printed spacer with the stock front shielding. I also added some additional copper tape over the stock stuff to try and plug any rf 'holes'. The Rev A had 13 satellites, and the M8N had 20. I didn't make a note of the HDOP.
The accessory bay can be used for items like a companion computer or second fixed camera.
I start the GoPro, Solo, Controller and tablet in that order. Usually once I get my tablet connected I have enough satellites to take off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RichWest
Welcome, Scotty. Also, the Solex app is an alternative app for android. Since the stock 3DR app will probably not be supported much, if at all, in the future, Solex will be the app that many will go to. It has already surpassed the stock app in a lot of ways, and Kelly Schrock is constantly updating it, and coming up with new additions to it. He is also readily available for feedback and new ideas from us. It is available for purchase on the Google Play Store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado