Not Pleased At All

There are a number of videos on youtube explaining how to isolateor insulate the gps with a piece of cardboard. There are also some good videos explaining wiring routing and the interference contact with the gimbal causes. But dont feel too bad. On a cable cam mine took a dive underwater, the emergency brake did not save it. Reading the manual afterwards discloses the emergency brake does not work if you lose your gps. Your crash was cause by a loss of satellite signal?

Not understanding that. Mine records at 4k and still streams live video. You have a lot of issues going on there. Your GPS issue is the biggest priority. Many of the issues you listed are probably due to a poor GPS lock. Use the live chat feature if you can I've had good luck with that.

Few other questions that might help others here help you:

- Where are you located?
- When and where did you buy your solo (eg. can you take it back and get a replacment)?
- Have you upgraded your software? - it should have done that when you powered it up.
- What version is the solo and controller software.
- What kind of phone are you using (what version of the 3dr app is installed?)
gps is a known issue. The best work around is get to an open area, let it sit for few minutes, if still can't get a lock, move solo to different location. if still have problem, lift it up by the legs and walk around . For a gps lock, Solo (APM) needs HOP below 2.0.

gps is a known issue. The best work around is get to an open area, let it sit for few minutes, if still can't get a lock, move solo to different location. if still have problem, lift it up by the legs and walk around . For a gps lock, Solo (APM) needs HOP below 2.0.
The best "work around" is to fix it with a mod that works. I cant make any money walking around with Solo in my hand hoping for a GPS lock.:)

The best "work around" is to fix it with a mod that works. I cant make any money walking around with Solo in my hand hoping for a GPS lock.:)
If you want a fix, you can swap out the GPS unit. There are plenty of fb and yt posts for this mod.

If you want a fix, you can swap out the GPS unit. There are plenty of fb and yt posts for this mod.
That's what I did- installed the M8N. Get lock in about 45 seconds and 19-20 sats in under 2 minutes.

That's what I did- installed the M8N. Get lock in about 45 seconds and 19-20 sats in under 2 minutes.
good. If you want to do better than M8N, try raspberry pi ground station mod. Also swap out the motor if you want more stability in windy condition.

PS. please read and consider the warrant policy before taking any mod.

Yeah I'm certainly going with DJI from this point on. They have yet to reply to me after almost 3 days and I just flew it to give it one last chance and instead of returning home to the position it took off from it landed nearly 300ft away in the lake! It had 10 sats locked and I took off in a very open area - will never buy from 3DR again! Thanks guys for all the help though.

Yeah I'm certainly going with DJI from this point on. They have yet to reply to me after almost 3 days and I just flew it to give it one last chance and instead of returning home to the position it took off from it landed nearly 300ft away in the lake! It had 10 sats locked and I took off in a very open area - will never buy from 3DR again! Thanks guys for all the help though.
Wow- that's not good Franklin. Sorry you have had such a bad experience but I wish you all the best in the future.

Vaya con Dios amigo!

yes, dji has certain appeal.
All vendors have pros and cons. If you have business depends on your drone, I think it would be wise to keep an open mind and evaluate the new generation of the quad from all vendor and pick the one that best fit your requirement.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso