No video feed.....

Reaction score
I don 't know if anybody else has run into this but I don't have a video feed. I've tried different cameras, a tablet and an ipad mini....the solo flies like a champ no complaints. I've rebooted and tried to turn it on in every different sequence. Ive called 3dr tech support and walked through everything they thought it might be...at the end they said they'd send me an email with the solution....there solution was to go into settings on the left side of the tablet/ipad and check the "record to camera roll option" also reboot...tried that as well...no luck. I am thinking that i might have a bad HDMI wire....a few times when i was messing with plugging it in and out and turning it off and on i would get a video feed but it would only be a picture not a live feed.....I don't know if anyone else has had anything like this happen. My go pros are a hero 3 black and 4 black. my screens are a nexus 7 inch tablet and a new ipad mini. I'll have to wait til monday to give them another call and see what's next. For now i'm not liking it too much.

Assuming you tested the GoPro outputs on a TV? It also my sound silly but I have heard the video cable can feel like it is all the way in when it isn't.

Same problem.....flys great....no live video...tried it w ipad and android

did you make sure the GoPro was seated in the mount correctly and the HDMI cable was pushed all the way in? if you don't seat the camera fully into the mount it can prevent the cable from being seated properly in the port

I had the same issue and solved it by setting the GoPro to 1080, 60, medium field of view as recommended by 3dr.

Reactions: captblaze
I had the same problem this morning but I still flew two batteries. After I got home, here's what I did.

1) I turned everything off.
2) Turned on Solo.
3) Turned on the controller.
4) Turned on iPad and connected to Solo WiFi.
5) Opened the app (I have an iPad 2 mini - no cellular, just wifi) and left it at the screen that says "Fly" and "Flight School".
6) Plugged in the GoPro4.
7) Turned on the GoPro4 (make sure it's in Video Mode).
8) Hit Fly and the live feed was there.
9) Hit record on the GoPro if you want to record your flight.

P.S - Be sure that your Solo app setting is on "Save Videos to Camera Roll"

Hope this works for you.

had same problem nothing worked
took it back to bb and got another.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro

Go Dirby! Glad you're up and flying!

Go Dirby! Glad you're up and flying!
I solved my no live feed the same way Chris SC did. My GoPro 3+ Black was not giving me any live feed. I was running at 1080p at 30fps with Ultrawide fov. I changed to 1080p 60fps and medium fov, and now it is working fine. 3DR says the higher resolutions are having problems, and will be corrected with an update at a later time.

I solved my no live feed the same way Chris SC did. My GoPro 3+ Black was not giving me any live feed. I was running at 1080p at 30fps with Ultrawide fov. I changed to 1080p 60fps and medium fov, and now it is working fine. 3DR says the higher resolutions are having problems, and will be corrected with an update at a later time.
Ditto - Same problem...Solved - Much Thanx

Had a ton of issues with this today. Flew perfectly.

My GoPro fried one SD card and almost fried the second.
I was shooting. 2.7K at 60fps on an up to date Hero4 black

Basically trying to recover media now, the card would not even MOUNT to my Mac, so I had to find some data recovery software and running it now.

If this was a gig-- I would be screwed.
I plan to use this for work, and shooting 2.7K or even 4K is what some clients expect. This must get resolved soon.

My initial flight was streaming my HD feed just fine, very little delay. But all the while the GoPro was sitting there reading "SD ERR" and I didn't realize until the first battery was empty.

Same issue but I was already on 1080, medium FOV and 60fps.
I'm in the UK so changing the Gopro from PAL to NTSC solved the problem for me!

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Any idea when the next firmware is due? I'd also love to know what else will be in this update too.

at 545 the sats finely come up so i can take solo into the air.

My story:

Purchased a brand new Solo along with a GoPro Hero4 Silver at BB 2 days ago, it all worked at home prep at 3am, and during the first flight, after that - NO LIVE Video feed. Yes, software update was done on Controller and Solo at home prior to anything. Again, it worked... for a while.

Configuration: Solo, Solo Controller, L3 G3 on the Solo wifi. What is strange is what happens over the LG G3 phone every time when I connect to the Solo Wifi and start the Solo App is a 4G LTE download for: "Female for Spanish (Spain) <cr>, Voice data for Text to Speech" being 'stored' to my phone. Even loaded Solo App on my Nexus 10 tablet, same problem - no live feed video, so it can not be at the Android end. That download file thing though is strange.

Once I got it working somehow, temporarily however, by going to Fly on Solo App, hit check for software updates which was good and hit Fly from there, got video working... until I re-connected the GoPro, which was pulled from the mount however plugged in.

The video issue really bugs me, but I'll try some methods mentioned above.
Not to mention, having just the one flight battery is a pain, and you can't seem to get those or the gimbals!

Don't get me wrong I LOVE this thing, never owned a drone, nor GoPro before and having a blast!

Cheers

---

What did you return, the Solo or the GoPro? Got mine from BB 2 days ago and having same problems.

Thanks in advance, cheers

---

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44