No Engine Start?!?!

Reaction score
Ok, So I introduced myself previously now I have some questions feedback and comments on the SOLO,

I am in Houston, TX USA, I took my solo out of the box approximately 10 days ago and I have only been able to fly it around 2/3 times since.

This is what is going on, I set the solo as I should I have the gimbal and GP4blk, I have been able to take off and fly for like 15 mins total (5Min flights) 1 video since I was not recording the first 2 times.

I have the SOLO app on Samsung S7 and I also use the FAA B4Ufly app, I have the drone registered with the FAA.

Let's say I take off and fly fine for some time then all of the sudden it goes all the way up to my BACK HOME altitude set at 25mts and comes back down and lands at home. After that it does not want to take off nor even start engines the remote says press fly to start engines I press it and it does two little weird beeps.

After this happens it does not want to take off at ALL. I have taken batteries out disconnected everything connected again unplugged and plugged back camera/ app/ remote control and nothing still does the same beeps and nothing.

My map on the SOLO app shows some red/ pink because a helipad nearby but the FAA does not show any restrictions or warnings.

Please heeeeeelp!!!

Last edited:
Really no one has had this issue before? I am thinking to do a factory reset on it what you guys think?

I use an S7 if I dont turn the app off completely it wont connect a second time, doesnt sound quite like your problem , but it cost me 2 hrs of confusion. The app has to be completely off not running in the background else as soon as I connect to the wifi the controller loses conection to the drone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: LpSTI3DR
I use an S7 if I dont turn the app off completely it wont connect a second time, doesnt sound quite like your problem , but it cost me 2 hrs of confusion. The app has to be completely off not running in the background else as soon as I connect to the wifi the controller loses conection to the drone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Not quite the same but I have done the same even closing all apps running and connecting again, and still would not start the engines I will try to take a video tomorrow and hopefully that could give us more light.

Solo will give 2 beeps if you try to start it when it is not ready, often when there is no GPS lock. IF it isn't telling you anything or giving you any indication of an issue, try starting it in manual mode. You don't have to takeoff if it starts. it's just to see if it will. Assign your A or B to manual mode. Press it to go into manual mode then hold the throttle stick down and to the tight for a fedw seconds. See if the motor starts and let us know.

So I tried different scenarios and different tactics and still have the same issue, for new years I was able to fly for about 3 4 mins and then it came back home and landed by itself, so I took a video of the sounds and images on my phone so we can have a better idea how it feels and looks the error that it's giving me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

please help I'm tired of only been able to fly 4 5 mins at a time,...

Solo will give 2 beeps if you try to start it when it is not ready, often when there is no GPS lock. IF it isn't telling you anything or giving you any indication of an issue, try starting it in manual mode. You don't have to takeoff if it starts. it's just to see if it will. Assign your A or B to manual mode. Press it to go into manual mode then hold the throttle stick down and to the tight for a few seconds. See if the motor starts and let us know.

I tried this couple of times and not even like that the rotors started,..... thinking of just giving up and trade it in or exchange it for DJI sucks because I really like the fact that I can use the gp4 but maybe I won't have those issues with the DJI.

Car forums call the engines motors, now the drone forums are calling the motors engines.........the English language is being bastardized by millennial's .....

And they should really be called Rotors since it comes from helicopters terms.
But really at the end of the day,... tomato tomahto potato potahto.

I am on the edge of the millennial group 198x

**** I just stand incorrect on this a friend of my that is a pilot said rotors are only the blades so now I am more confused.

Last edited:
More confusing, engines or motors can turn (power) the rotors, rotors can also turn the engine or motor.....if the rotors turn a motor the motor can become a generator, if turning an engine it could be used as an air compressor / pump.

Their, they're and there are not the same either.

More confusing, engines or motors can turn (power) the rotors, rotors can also turn the engine or motor.....if the rotors turn a motor the motor can become a generator, if turning an engine it could be used as an air compressor / pump.

Their, they're and there are not the same either.[/QUOTEhahah

Their, they're and there are not the same either.

Hahahaha But really any help on my real issue with the 3dr,.... that is really what is important right now hahahaha

So I tried different scenarios and different tactics and still have the same issue, for new years I was able to fly for about 3 4 mins and then it came back home and landed by itself, so I took a video of the sounds and images on my phone so we can have a better idea how it feels and looks the error that it's giving me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

please help I'm tired of only been able to fly 4 5 mins at a time,...
That's an odd error. Especially when the controller is reporting that's its ready to fly.

If you're able to use a windows laptop try downloading Mission Planner and testing the motors individually. If they all work then I'd suspect either the firmware, or the pixhawk. Let us know your outcomes.

Guess What after 3 Month still having the same issue, I contacted 3dr again and they told me that maybe the GPS cable was loose so I took the case off and made sure the cables were put in the right place and connected correctly.

But I still have the same issue.

Now it does not even want to take off to fly for a little bit, I have passed my 30 days return time to best buy so I am kinda in a pickle because I can't sell it because it does not work, and If I sell it I will definitely have a lost in it.

So what to do how to fix this? noooooo Ideaaaaaa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig