Newbie ---first issue (maybe user?) with my 2nd Solo

Reaction score
So I took my 2nd solo out for first flight today and had decided to fly it without the GIMBAL and just used the GoPro frame.

Here was the issues -
  • I could not get the APP to say CONNECTED on the screen even though I COULD see a video feed?
  • I could not control anything on GoPro, had to start recording manually but was able to see live stream in flight.
  • Interestingly when I went to WiFi settings it did show connected to SOLO.
  • I did have GPS control of SOLO but wanted to fly manual but couldn't figure out how to do it. I had set it up on button B in APP but because it wouldn't fully connect it would not show MANUAL option on the B button on controller.

SO one of my big questions is ---if only using GP FRAME what performance should I be getting? Obviously no pan/tilt controls but what about anything else?

SECOND --- how can I fly manual mode without using the preset A/B buttons.
Id like to practice manual with NO GOPRO on SOLO at all.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

So I took my 2nd solo out for first flight today and had decided to fly it without the GIMBAL and just used the GoPro frame.

Here was the issues -
  • I could not get the APP to say CONNECTED on the screen even though I COULD see a video feed?
  • I could not control anything on GoPro, had to start recording manually but was able to see live stream in flight.
  • Interestingly when I went to WiFi settings it did show connected to SOLO.
  • I did have GPS control of SOLO but wanted to fly manual but couldn't figure out how to do it. I had set it up on button B in APP but because it wouldn't fully connect it would not show MANUAL option on the B button on controller.

SO one of my big questions is ---if only using GP FRAME what performance should I be getting? Obviously no pan/tilt controls but what about anything else?

SECOND --- how can I fly manual mode without using the preset A/B buttons.
Id like to practice manual with NO GOPRO on SOLO at all.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!
I could not control anything on GoPro- needs to have gimbal installed to access GoPro features.
manual mode takes a while to be comfortable with.
Most flips, crashes occur when people new to drones try learn manual mode under bad conditions: limited space, No room for errors, wind, Landings, Flips often.
All that said, there are some here prefer manual mode most of the time.

Hope this helps

I could not control anything on GoPro- needs to have gimbal installed to access GoPro features.
manual mode takes a while to be comfortable with.
Most flips, crashes occur when people new to drones try learn manual mode under bad conditions: limited space, No room for errors, wind, Landings, Flips often.
All that said, there are some here prefer manual mode most of the time.

Hope this helps

Ok thx. And I have little desire to master flying in manual mode other than being comfortable in emergency if I lose GPS. I mainly use the Solo for videography so the Smart Shots are awesome. Just was curious what I should or should not expect without the GIMBAL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok thx. And I have little desire to master flying in manual mode other than being comfortable in emergency if I lose GPS. I mainly use the Solo for videography so the Smart Shots are awesome. Just was curious what I should or should not expect without the GIMBAL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You picked the right UAS for all the reasons you listed.

Enjoy.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig