New Update

I have a 3+BE and the camera auto turns on. I thought this was by design! Works great. Solo on, camera comes on. Solo powers off, camera does, too.
You have the Hero 3+ Black Edition though? Really not me what firmware are you using and did it work before or after this firmware. Also what firmware do you have with the go pro?

Gopro 4 black turns on when I connect to solo app. I am liking this. Multi cable cam pts. More gopro control. Great update.

Odd. I'll double check everything and maybe try a different GoPro tomorrow.
Well I guess I must have a defective GoPro Hero 3+ Black than mines not turning on at all just tried again and so far five people said it worked with the same model too? Damn

I love it. GP4 turns on when I power on the solo, and powers off when I power off the solo. Full remote control works (start/stop, mode, settings, etc). And the recording automatically stops when you land and disarm. I love that, no more wasting space when I forget to stop it.

Reactions: Jubalr
Well, I just tested it again and no dice. Any thoughts out there?
I've done all sorts of things. Reset the GoPro. Tried toggling settings like Quick Capture and auto shut down, pulled the battery a few times.

Just to be 1000% clear... When you guys press the power button on the battery to turn on the Solo, your just GoPro turns on? How long does it take? Does it matter if the controller and Solo app are connected?

The only thing I can speculate is that my Hero4 Black (with 3.97mm lens) is different than stock because Peau removed the color profile. Has anyone else with the Peau mod tried it?

I've done all sorts of things. Reset the GoPro. Tried toggling settings like Quick Capture and auto shut down, pulled the battery a few times.

Just to be 1000% clear... When you guys press the power button on the battery to turn on the Solo, your just GoPro turns on? How long does it take? Does it matter if the controller and Solo app are connected?

The only thing I can speculate is that my Hero4 Black (with 3.97mm lens) is different than stock because Peau removed the color profile. Has anyone else with the Peau mod tried it?
Hey Erik... I don't have a H4 Black...but I'm using H4 silver...and I just installed the new update and everything went well..my hero turns on now as soon as I turn on the batterie..!
But what im wondering now is...are we still able to charge the GoPro while its in the Gimble ?
I did a test by shutting off the my GoPro while its in the Gimble and I don't see the Red light on the GoPro indicating that its charging ??
And I know that my GoPro batterie is at 50% batterie life..so it's got room to charge!
Mabe somebody can chime in on that..

Cheers

The Hero 4 should be able to but I am not getting how the 3+ Black is I am having no luck at all when I power the battery on the Solo it will not turn the go pro on but it will power off when I power off the battery on the solo. This was not promised yet by 3DR so maybe a future update is all but what is the latest firmware for the Hero 3+ Black?

I also want to clarify that I am up to date however when I update it it will have problems connecting back to solo when the check mark is on the controller or it will freeze and the dots are green going from the solo to the iPhone icon but orange going from the iPhone to the controller?

gopro in gimbal and everything off. i press the solo power button and solo turns on as well as the gopro. i have tried with the controller off and controller on. doesn't make a difference.

in the app try picking a different gopro and then picking the hero4 black and see if that works for you. if not i would try the update again.

Reactions: erikgraham
gopro in gimbal and everything off. i press the solo power button and solo turns on as well as the gopro. i have tried with the controller off and controller on. doesn't make a difference.

in the app try picking a different gopro and then picking the hero4 black and see if that works for you. if not i would try the update again.
Thank you. Switching to a different GoPro and back in the Solo app was among the many things I tried. I guess I'll try a factory reset next (so I can reinstall the update... unless there is another way to force it to reinstall the update).

Thank you. Switching to a different GoPro and back in the Solo app was among the many things I tried. I guess I'll try a factory reset next (so I can reinstall the update... unless there is another way to force it to reinstall the update).
Hey Erik, It sounds like you have tried everything reasonable. As Frank said, it is the Solo FW update that turns on the GP and has nothing to do with the app or controller. And just to clarify, it does not turn on immediately, there is a few seconds delay. It comes on as the gimbal is initializing. Hopefully the reset will get you back going again so you can re-install the FW updates just in case they didn't take completely.

there is a way to update w/out factory re-set via solo-cli

1) connect solo to the internet via solo wifi
2) execute "solo flash both latest --clean"

Reactions: erikgraham
Hey i,m confused.. In solos GP do I use battery. When I use battery system start automatically, but when I don't system don't start auto. So which way is it meant to be. if its battery on, why there is power supply for GP?? + sometimes I flew with battery and there were some issues with starting and stopping recording.

Just updated. My GoPro 4B works flawlessly.
Well done!

And yes, the GoPro will be turned on and charged automatically when you power up Solo.

Just updated. My GoPro 4B works flawlessly.
Well done!

And yes, the GoPro will be turned on and charged automatically when you power up Solo.
So the gopro is charging again in the gimbal? Is that right?
They turned off gp charging in the gimbal a few updates ago.
I was going to mod mine , to charge, as it has caught me out running my gp battery down. Might not have to now.

Mine is still charging the go pro and will not turn on the go pro when I turn on the Solo. I did a factory reset and same thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44