New Update

Reaction score
I just got a notification that the Firmware Update 2.1.1 will automatically turn on the go pro Hero 4 Black and Silver will they make this for the Hero 3+ Black. Also I was watching a live webinar by Colin Guinn it looks very promising with these new features coming out NAB and our drones. Great tool for a filmmaker though

Reactions: franknitty69
I just got a notification that the Firmware Update 2.1.1 will automatically turn on the go pro Hero 4 Black and Silver will they make this for the Hero 3+ Black. Also I was watching a live webinar by Colin Guinn it looks very promising with these new features coming out NAB and our drones. Great tool for a filmmaker though
Any word when it will be available?

The firmware for 2.1.1 is already out I got it installed but for all of you Hero 3+ Black people like me I unfortunately don't think the auto turn on works only the Hero 4 Cameras.

The current is 2.1.0 as of yesterday evening. There is no 2.1.1 yet. I'm going to forget to turn this camera on every time, so I look forward to the feature. One thing I liked about the cheapo Mobius Action Cam, is you can configure it to turn on and start recording when power is connected.

My Hero 3+ Black has turned on and off with Solo for quite some time now. I wonder why some do not come on with power up?

Still haven't gotten my gimbal back from 3DR yet, but here's mine...
image.png Mine...

Just checked the App Store, Only 2.2 for Android :(

Or is this Solo Firmware?

It's solo firmware using OS X it should show up as update available at least I am not sure about andrroid or of based I have been a Mac guy so can't say but it will power off with the hero 3+ Black but not on like this update says I know it's only the hero 4 silver and black

Right here

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image.png
    image.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 31
Perfect, working here also.

Now 3dr needs incorporate tower into the Solo app or add a iOS Tower app. That would make me 100% happy.

The firmware for 2.1.1 is already out I got it installed but for all of you Hero 3+ Black people like me I unfortunately don't think the auto turn on works only the Hero 4 Cameras.

I have a 3+BE and the camera auto turns on. I thought this was by design! Works great. Solo on, camera comes on. Solo powers off, camera does, too.

WTF. I updated last night at 7pm EDT, on a NIB solo. It got 2.1.0, and it does not turn on the GP4. I will try to see if it finds a 2.1.1 when I get home. Was that just released last night???

Just was on chat with tech support regarding my RMA Gimbal and asked what are the latest versions:
per Gio
App 2.2.0
Solo 2.1.1
Autopilot 1.2.23
Gimbal 1.3.6
Controller 2.1.1
Controller firmware 1.2.8

Got home from worked, opened up the app, and voila, 2.1.1. And guess what turned on when the solo rebooted? The GP4!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado