New toy to use with the Solo

Reaction score
Hello all,

I got to use one of these today at CES. It's a pretty cool little device. Kind of like Google Glass. Has a micro HDMI port on it so you can connect directly to the Solo controller as I'm told. 90 minute battery life.

Blog | VUFINE

Don.

Reactions: Maddog
I found it completely usable. While it is small, my 55yo eyes could focus and see the demo video. As with any device like this I don't know if the brain will focus simultaneously on near field and far. These folks are targeting the drone market among other markets. She told me that it does work with the 3DR knowing it has an HDMI output port.

I have been using the Vufine for a while now on my SOLO. Found that if you can put a shroud around the right lens to exclude all outside light coming in you get a really good picture. I have also found that shifting focus from "inside" to "outside" is quick and I can focus on either quite well. I can recommend these especially with the modification around the right eye. Try it!

Reactions: Maddog and Don H.
I have been using the Vufine for a while now on my SOLO. Found that if you can put a shroud around the right lens to exclude all outside light coming in you get a really good picture. I have also found that shifting focus from "inside" to "outside" is quick and I can focus on either quite well. I can recommend these especially with the modification around the right eye. Try it!
Thanks for the review Eddie. I think I may be ordering one of these.
I want to find out what the difference is between the Vufine and Vufine+

Don

Thanks for the review Eddie. I think I may be ordering one of these.
I want to find out what the difference is between the Vufine and Vufine+

Don
Hi Don, The Vufine+ is an updated version. It has a bigger screen and can be plugged into any cell phone to watch movies etc. I see they sell the plus for $179. I think that bigger screen will be a huge improvement

Hi Don, The Vufine+ is an updated version. It has a bigger screen and can be plugged into any cell phone to watch movies etc. I see they sell the plus for $179. I think that bigger screen will be a huge improvement

Thanks Eddie.

I'm going to stop by their booth again today.

Don.

Just google hdmi vr glasses there are tons of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the view better than that on a mobile device? Like most people I have trouble seeing the screen on my iPad mini and even my nexus 7 in bright sunlight. Sunscreens help but not enough.

Hello all,

I got to use one of these today at CES. It's a pretty cool little device. Kind of like Google Glass. Has a micro HDMI port on it so you can connect directly to the Solo controller as I'm told. 90 minute battery life.

Blog | VUFINE

Don.
Thanks Don. This was discussed here earlier but not many people had them and their reviews weren't stellar.

May be time to check it out again.

Is the view better than that on a mobile device? Like most people I have trouble seeing the screen on my iPad mini and even my nexus 7 in bright sunlight. Sunscreens help but not enough.
Same here. Even with a sun shade it isn't bright enough.

Last edited:

Woof! Maddog, and this for you too Don.... Yes I have problems seeing my tablet in the bright sunlight as well, a surplus of which we have in this country. This led me to wearing a peak cap to shade the Vufine and then creating a shroud with black material over the cap peak, and across my cheek around the right eyepiece and excluding ALL light coming into this small area. I found that I had a good clear picture like sitting in the back row of a darkened movie house. Even if the left eye is open I find that shifting focus between the two views is no problem and is enhanced with the shrouded right eye. Using a VR head set does not allow you to see your surroundings and your drone even though you would probably get a bigger and sharper picture looking at it with both eyes.

Reactions: Maddog and Don H.
Woof! Maddog, and this for you too Don.... Yes I have problems seeing my tablet in the bright sunlight as well, a surplus of which we have in this country. This led me to wearing a peak cap to shade the Vufine and then creating a shroud with black material over the cap peak, and across my cheek around the right eyepiece and excluding ALL light coming into this small area. I found that I had a good clear picture like sitting in the back row of a darkened movie house. Even if the left eye is open I find that shifting focus between the two views is no problem and is enhanced with the shrouded right eye. Using a VR head set does not allow you to see your surroundings and your drone even though you would probably get a bigger and sharper picture looking at it with both eyes.
Thanks Eddie!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado