New to solo. Having issues

Hi Guys

I have a question and i hope you can help me.
At first i would like to say Hello to you. My name is Michael and im from Switzerland.
I bought a solo and i want to film with my gopro hero 4 in 2.7k or 4k but it doesnt work.

If i film in 1080 everything works fine. It shows me a black screen when i start filming.
At the beginning i see the picture clearly.

Maybe this is not the best topic here but with search in the forum i cant find a answer.

Please help me. Im totally new to drones and i dont want to resell the 3dr because i like her.

Thanks Michael

Hi Guys

I have a question and i hope you can help me.
At first i would like to say Hello to you. My name is Michael and im from Switzerland.
I bought a solo and i want to film with my gopro hero 4 in 2.7k or 4k but it doesnt work.

If i film in 1080 everything works fine. It shows me a black screen when i start filming.
At the beginning i see the picture clearly.

Maybe this is not the best topic here but with search in the forum i cant find a answer.

Please help me. Im totally new to drones and i dont want to resell the 3dr because i like her.

Thanks Michael
Here you go this might help right from the Sticky Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

Reactions: Michael2910
Here you go this might help right from the Sticky Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo
Hey Thanks for your fast reply.

I just checked my sd-card and i saw the movie has recorded. The problem is i dont see the filming live while i fly. I use the newest solo app and a i phone x as display.

Im not sure whats wrong. If i dont record i see the picture in 4k but when i start recording i get a black screen.

Hey Thanks for your fast reply.

I just checked my sd-card and i saw the movie has recorded. The problem is i dont see the filming live while i fly. I use the newest solo app and a i phone x as display.

Im not sure whats wrong. If i dont record i see the picture in 4k but when i start recording i get a black screen.
I think there were some issues with the solo app and I-phone X but don't quote me I could be wrong do a search perhaps?

See this thread >> no streaming video to iphone x after ios update

Or just try Side pilot I think that works... SidePilot on the App Store

Reactions: Michael2910
Yes I did. The restarted the drone
Also it says there is an update 3.5 but I am not sure how to do this. I went to update and there are a few options and not sure which one either.

Do not update the Solo with mission planner period...
Ohhhhh ok . Thanks. Ok so I need to update with solex app? Another thing I have the tower app and I can start the motors from the app without a problem. Its weird with control... its almost like something is switched around.

take off the solo props and connect to mission planner then when the drone is ready try to arm using the fly button now go to the messages tab and see what message you receive in mission planner
Ok I will try this and let you know what it says and take a picture

Reactions: XevetS
Ohhhhh ok . Thanks. Ok so I need to update with solex app? Another thing I have the tower app and I can start the motors from the app without a problem. Its weird with control... its almost like something is switched around.
Its not weird you are just using basic ardupilot commands to start up the drone not the solo's
Ok so I need to update with solex app?
If you have the Solex app and the drone is out of warranty, I would upgrade to Open Solo and never look back....

I think there were some issues with the solo app and I-phone X but don't quote me I could be wrong do a search perhaps?

See this thread >> no streaming video to iphone x after ios update

Or just try Side pilot I think that works... SidePilot on the App Store

You are a 3dr Pro i guess :)

Thanks for your help . I installed now SIde Pilot and it works. I see the Picture with 4k and 2.7k.

This really helps me a lot. If i need some help again then i know who to contact. :)

Reactions: XevetS
Its not weird you are just using basic ardupilot commands to start up the drone not the solo's

If you have the Solex app and the drone is out of warranty, I would upgrade to Open Solo and never look back....
And I can just do that through the app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M