New to me 3DR drone

Reaction score
OK, know it sounds too good to be true but I have scored a 3DR Solo from a private seller for $250.00 with hard case, 2 extra batteries, gimble with Go-Pro Hero 4 and chargers for all, seems he is moving to Alaska and selling stuff, anyway, looking at the Solex app and was wondering if I need to have the original Solo app first on my device before downloading the Solex app or can I just download the Solex app and go flying? Apologies for the long thread but still learning on this drone.

You should load the factory app to check for updates and set up your WIFI password ect.

You paid $250 with a GoPro 4 Black camera included? Wow, that's an awesome deal if so. I just picked up a bundle (my fist 3DR!) from eBay - Drone with everything, backpack, and 3-axis gimbal for $315 shipped supposedly like new and I thought I got a good deal. Now need to look for a GoPro and spend another 200 - $250. Lucky you! Have fun.

I bought a package 2 weeks ago solo backpack 5 batteries three charges upgraded 5200 milliamp transmitter battery three sets of Master airscrew props three sets of stock props GoPro 4 with a 32 gigabyte series 10 SD card gimbal on solo two spair gimbals new in box AT&T k88 tablet less then 2 weeks old clip-on proper protectors $550 shipped

OK, know it sounds too good to be true but I have scored a 3DR Solo from a private seller for $250.00 with hard case, 2 extra batteries, gimble with Go-Pro Hero 4 and chargers for all, seems he is moving to Alaska and selling stuff, anyway, looking at the Solex app and was wondering if I need to have the original Solo app first on my device before downloading the Solex app or can I just download the Solex app and go flying? Apologies for the long thread but still learning on this drone.
I have had mine for a year and never downloaded any upgrades. Never had any problems with it. Use the one that came on it.

You can use Solex without the 3DR app.
3DR disabled the "wifi- password" thingy some time ago. No longer needed.

Reactions: Bufford

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig