New Solo Pilot looking for Answers please

Reaction score
Hi all newbie to the 3DR world after jumping from another quadcopter
And so far I am impressed with the Solo

Few questions I would like to ask if anyone has the time to answer, thanks
1. How can I adjust the :
Speed for Altitude
Forward, back, side to side etc

2. Return to Home, set limit in height so that it doesnt hit nearby trees etc before landing

3. How long do you guys get with gimbal installed on 1 full charge battery

4. And good cheap Battery deal links for the UK?

Thanks

Reactions: Barramundi
Welcome to the world of Solo! She is an amazing copter once you learn all she can do.
Speed adjustments and altitude limits can be made in the Solo app. You have to turn on Advanced settings first, then they will show up. The return home altitude adjustment is in there too.
Usually get about 17-18 min of flight with gimbal and GoPro installed depending how low you want to run your battery. I'd recommend unless you need to stay up plan on being in the ground with 15-20% battery remaining. The numbers drop very fast at the end with lower battery voltages.
I don't know the shipping charges to the U.K., but the 3DR website has batteries for sale at $50.
Read the manual, and poke around these forums. Tons of info here!

Thanks for that
1st flight will be this weekend hopefully
So just making sure everything is prepared for
As I had a quick flight few days ago but going upwards was too slow

If you find any good prices for batteries in the UK let me know! its a bit pot luck. I managed to score a backpack and battery for 120 off ebay which was a bit of luck, I only have two batts atm and another one coming back from the US courtesy of a friend.

Buying batteries from the US is a pig unless someone will bring them back in hand luggage for you as most shippers wont ship these batteries.

Buying cheap batteries in the UK is a bit like finding a real live Unicorn, but if you want to pay 140ukp you can get one in a day or so!

John R

What speed does everyone recommend max without disruption of gimbal shake etc

If you find any good prices for batteries in the UK let me know! its a bit pot luck. I managed to score a backpack and battery for 120 off ebay which was a bit of luck, I only have two batts atm and another one coming back from the US courtesy of a friend.

Buying batteries from the US is a pig unless someone will bring them back in hand luggage for you as most shippers wont ship these batteries.

Buying cheap batteries in the UK is a bit like finding a real live Unicorn, but if you want to pay 140ukp you can get one in a day or so!

John R
LINK

Created a new post on the Link

thanks for the link, seen their ads but not used them yet. I wasnt sure how they handle shipping as it comes from the US.

John R

Reactions: Barramundi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150