New iOS Solo App available on Apple App Store...

J R

Reaction score
Just downloaded it and it does have some more camera control. Haven't really looked it over yet. Wanted to get the word out.

Jerry

Nice, dont see ISO or white balance in there, but this is a MAJOR step forward in the air

Jerry,
It's all there except ev control. Had to close and open the app a few times to get it to work properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A caution note. I fired up the bird, then controller, then app the first time to see if camera would power up. It did not power up automatically so I powered it manually. I tried to record video a few times and the record button was unresponsive. I figured I'd shut it all down and reboot starting by powering the camera up first as I normally do. When I shut everything down my GPH4B was pretty hot and would not power down. I tried various buttons on the GP but it was unresponsive. I had to pull the battery. I let it cool down and powered everything back up, manually powering my GP first and everything worked as it should. The GP did power down when I shut off the bird. Can't fly as its snowing here!

Jerry

hey guys,
have some problems with new update I think.
Since Ive updated the GoPro is not going into Record Mode (red blinking Led) even tough it shows it would be recording on my solo app. Also my gimbal is not responding (blinking led). Is that because of the update? and in case yes, how long does it take?

cheers guys

hey guys,
have some problems with new update I think.
Since Ive updated the GoPro is not going into Record Mode (red blinking Led) even tough it shows it would be recording on my solo app. Also my gimbal is not responding (blinking led). Is that because of the update? and in case yes, how long does it take?

cheers guys

FVDO,

Shut everything down. Your GP may be locked up, if so pull the battery. Let everything cool down. Put the GP back in the bird and "manually" power up the GP, then power the bird, power the controller, connect to the Solo network and then open the new Solo App. Try hitting the record now, it should work. Not sure what GP you have but I had the same issue with my GPH4B this morning. Best I can tell you can't power up the GP after powering on the bird, you have to do the GP first. Try it and let us know if it works in case others run into this issue.

Jerry

FVDO,

Shut everything down. Your GP may be locked up, if so pull the battery. Let everything cool down. Put the GP back in the bird and "manually" power up the GP, then power the bird, power the controller, connect to the Solo network and then open the new Solo App. Try hitting the record now, it should work. Not sure what GP you have but I had the same issue with my GPH4B this morning. Best I can tell you can't power up the GP after powering on the bird, you have to do the GP first. Try it and let us know if it works in case others run into this issue.

Jerry

so far did not work for me. Tried exactly that with my GPH4B.
The Gimbal is still blinking on its back (yellow led) and is not stabilizing the cam.
Should I try a factory reset?

so far did not work for me. Tried exactly that with my GPH4B.
The Gimbal is still blinking on its back (yellow led) and is not stabilizing the cam.
Should I try a factory reset?

FVDO,

Oooohhh, I'm not sure about that. I'm probably not the guy to answer that question. Are all of your numbers matching up to the one's I posted above? The system info numbers.

Jerry

yeah everything shows like this EXCEPT the Gimbal. Its just blank ....

Okay, well it sounds like that's the problem, the gimbal. How long have you had it? Has it been working properly? What's the background on the bird, what you've done to it and how much and how well it's been flying up until now?

Jerry

Okay, well it sounds like that's the problem, the gimbal. How long have you had it? Has it been working properly? What's the background on the bird, what you've done to it and how much and how well it's been flying up until now?

Jerry
have it now for maybe 3 weeks. Handful of flights and gimbal worked earlear today. after the update - nothing. no controls, no stablilization, no recording.
Solos LEDs are Red and white....

Logged a support ticket now.

have it now for maybe 3 weeks. Handful of flights and gimbal worked earlear today. after the update - nothing. no controls, no stablilization, no recording.

Logged a support ticket now.

That's what I was going to suggest, logging a service ticket.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150