New GoPro 6 out

Reaction score
I see the GoPro 6 was just released. It has HDMI out and looks like the GoPro 4, maybe it will fit in the Solo gimbal. It doesn't add much over the 4 though, 4k 60fps and electronic stabilized.

Just like the 5, it wont fit without the Hero bus. Image processor is the biggest upgrade to me. The sensor can't be much better, still 12mp 1/2.3 inches.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
first post, new to the site, have a 3dr solo, what's a Hero bus and will the new Hero 6 only work with this ? @Airpower

I have the same question, how to make the gopro 6 work with the solo???

Sounds like GoPro did away with their bus connector on Hero's 5 and up, so the 4 model is the last that fully connects with the Solo gimbal. With a little work you can still fly them, you just can't talk to the cameras in flight

lol, you could tape gopro to your gimbal and also tape a phone to solo, then call the phone on the solo and shout your commands to the gopro :D:p:eek:

Reactions: DJMc
If any camera should be mounted to solo I say the yi action camera is the way to go.

I see the GoPro 6 was just released. It has HDMI out and looks like the GoPro 4, maybe it will fit in the Solo gimbal. It doesn't add much over the 4 though, 4k 60fps and electronic stabilized.
LOL can you tell me how many cameras are shooting 4K 60 right now? the frame rates on the 6 are a HUGE deal. but have not read if the bitrates have improved. cant find all the specs

lol, you could tape gopro to your gimbal and also tape a phone to solo, then call the phone on the solo and shout your commands to the gopro :D:p:eek:

What Exactly is a “Skyhook?”

Obviously you're making a joke, but I'm actually working on a way to transmit voice and other audio from the ground to a 5 Watt ham radio hanging off the bottom of the drone. Might be something that can be adapted for controlling a GoPro. Scroll down to the Raspberry Pi section for a brief explanation. The program I'm using, Seren, is a very light VoIP program that runs very well on a Raspberry Pi Zero W "on the bench" but I haven't flown with it yet, only a Pi 3. Haven't decided yet on using the Pi Zero W just because the Pi 3 doesn't add much weight, but won't run on the accessory connector due to high current requirements (and payload batteries do add lots of weight). The Pi Zero should but might not have enough WiFi transmit power to get to the ground.

Adding a USB audio dongle is easy enough, but intercepting the microphone on the GoPro could be difficult. And you'd basically be limiting the GoPro to a single use since you'd probably lose the ability to record audio. But Seren can conference in up to 10 people as long as there's enough bandwidth so you could actually record narration or non-lipsync dialog (there's a delay) to your footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44