New Best Buy Math: Solo + Gimbal + Backpack = $259.99

Reaction score
As many of you know, Best Buy is currently offering a $299.99 bundle (Model: BB11A SKU: 5655599) which includes the Solo, the controller, the gimbal, and the Solo Backpack. As part of this promotion, they also include a free, second gimbal.

So today I went in to see my friendly, cooperative Best Buy manager to talk about acquiring my third, and final, Solo. Beforehand, I had decided that since I already had three gimbals, two more gimbals just didn't make sense. My thinking was that one gimbal for each bird was adequate, so I decided to return one, that I had just purchased days ago, and seek a credit for the extra free gimbal that I didn't need.

They agreed. I received a credit of $39.99 for the returned gimbal and a credit of $39.99 for the free gimbal that I didn't want. So, with a $10 customer appreciation card thrown in, I wound up paying $210 for the Solo, controller, backpack, and one gimbal. They didn't have the merchandise in stock, so they ordered it from their warehouse with free two-day shipping to my home. It felt, delightfully, like thievery.

If, like me, you already have sufficient gimbals, give this a shot. It's an unbeatably economical way to build your parts inventory.

As many of you know, Best Buy is currently offering a $299.99 bundle (Model: BB11A SKU: 5655599) which includes the Solo, the controller, the gimbal, and the Solo Backpack. As part of this promotion, they also include a free, second gimbal.

So today I went in to see my friendly, cooperative Best Buy manager to talk about acquiring my third, and final, Solo. Beforehand, I had decided that since I already had three gimbals, two more gimbals just didn't make sense. My thinking was that one gimbal for each bird was adequate, so I decided to return one, that I had just purchased days ago, and seek a credit for the extra free gimbal that I didn't need.

They agreed. I received a credit of $39.99 for the returned gimbal and a credit of $39.99 for the free gimbal that I didn't want. So, with a $10 customer appreciation card thrown in, I wound up paying $210 for the Solo, controller, backpack, and one gimbal. They didn't have the merchandise in stock, so they ordered it from their warehouse with free two-day shipping to my home. It felt, delightfully, like thievery.

If, like me, you already have sufficient gimbals, give this a shot. It's an unbeatably economical way to build your parts inventory.

I got the same bundle I called and told them that it was supposed to include a free battery as well. After about 20 minutes of convincing the nice associate on the phone they gave me a $50 credit for not getting the second battery, so I ended up paying $250 for the bundle. I don't need the gimbal either so I'll see about returning it. I'm in the process of making a gimbal that will work like the 3dr gimbal but with a session 5.

I think they are finally starting to run low on stock. I've been waiting for them to sell just the backpack at reduced rate, but they're not selling the backpack at all by itself now, only in the bundle. They haven't been selling the gimbal by itself, either, although I see it just came back online as an individual item. Probably the gimbals you guys have been returning! :D

Yep. For ONE day, Best Buy bumped the price back up to $799. But, lest anyone miss out, the price is back down to $299. For now.

I have four solo's now on this deal and five spare gimbals. My fleet is complete and can now start my survey business. Also, go pro has some great deals on refurbished go pros.

FedEx just delivered my Solo + gimbal + backpack bundle from Best Buy. Somewhat to my surprise, it all came in one 3DR box that included everything, rather than the two boxes I expected. Another pleasant discovery: This bundle includes eight, rather than six, props neatly packaged in the backpack.

So, if I back out the $7.99 cost of an extra prop set, I picked up a new third Solo + gimbal + backpack for $202. Now that's what you call value for money!

FedEx just delivered my Solo + gimbal + backpack bundle from Best Buy. Somewhat to my surprise, it all came in one 3DR box that included everything, rather than the two boxes I expected. Another pleasant discovery: This bundle includes eight, rather than six, props neatly packaged in the backpack.

So, if I back out the $7.99 cost of an extra prop set, I picked up a new third Solo + gimbal + backpack for $202. Now that's what you call value for money!

How do you get that math? Not what I'm calculating...

300 - 39.99 (Extra gimbal) - 7.99 prop set = $252 plus tax.

How do you get that math? Not what I'm calculating...

300 - 39.99 (Extra gimbal) - 7.99 prop set = $252 plus tax.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my objective was to have three gimbals collectively, so I declined the extra one in the bundle and returned another new one that I had purchased days earlier. You'll also see that I received a $10 customer appreciation certificate. So the math is

299.99 - (2 x 39.99) - 7.99 - 10.00 = ~$202

Now that's a deal!
Yes it is a deal -- I bought my bundle 3 months ago -- nov 16 and it wae 350 but included extra battery. Back when released they sold for over 1000. Trouble is no support now and my gopro 3+ dont work on it.

I have four solo's now on this deal and five spare gimbals. My fleet is complete and can now start my survey business. Also, go pro has some great deals on refurbished go pros.
LOL -- it a great machine -- With that many spares u should be able to keep 1 workinjg.

I took my solo out for first time yesterday. Really a nice flyer. Didnt try any of the neat stuff because the sun was out and I couldnt see my phone. When are they going to make a phone/pad that u can see in the sun?

Have you tried surveying with the Solo yet? Are you using a stock camera or something like PeuPreu or MAPIR? I was using a MAPIR with the stock camera holder (not gimbal) and was having problems getting stable images if there was wind. Wonder what you're using? Any problems?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig