My Solo vanished

Well, this is all very fine AND confusing for use trying to wade through treacle [it seems. I know what I would like to see...where I've been and what I did. Also useful if the CAA [FAA] come a knocking at my door at 3 in the morning ;-D

With my old P2, I had a Flytex Core, which gave you certain parameters such as height, speed etc and a gave you screen info on your PC like the attached.

If 3DR need my files let them have them; I just would be interested in some basic infoFlight 020a FLYTREX screen data.jpg

Well, this is all very fine AND confusing for use trying to wade through treacle [it seems. I know what I would like to see...where I've been and what I did. Also useful if the CAA [FAA] come a knocking at my door at 3 in the morning ;-D

With my old P2, I had a Flytex Core, which gave you certain parameters such as height, speed etc and a gave you screen info on your PC like the attached.

If 3DR need my files let them have them; I just would be interested in some basic infoView attachment 2794

While not 1 click, Mission planner is very easy to use to download logs, and will create a .kmz file for Google Earth. And will also give you way more info. For flight tracking, I just started using "Drone Logbook" Direct upload of logs files

Ok all the back and forths a great filler but after trying to help this new user I think he ditched us soon as he got back the bird. Hello so ya found the solo can we get a progress report or did I miss it?

Kinda odd that they updated without any real update then bounced? Hmm

Reactions: Steve K and Stimmy
anytime you see people just pop in and out like that you have to wonder.
I am still suspect of the Is 3DR closing its doors post.
It was a great way to insure a negative post stayed active on the boards for a long time.
The poster claims to have returned the product, but the thread lives on

Reactions: franknitty69
Yea if it wasn't for some of you guys seeing logs I'd say somethings fishy, but I'm suprised with so many trying to help no info now. Not this post necessarily cause the logs, but it's sad that people waste time slandering things just cause their personal opinion. The solo vs phantom ordeal as well as the others just boggle my mind, how can people waste hundreds and thousands of hours with the my brands best and yours sucks arguing. I was amazed at the time and effort put in by people who had never even flown solo on RCG simply to dissuade people from buying one. Who has that kinda time and with their obvious lack of intelligence how can they afford not to be at work. Oh well glad all that's slowed down and not been too bad over here.

Reactions: fpvsteve
My only reservation in broadcasting logs is location details. If you could provide logs without location details as an option, then I think more would play. A simple conversion of the Lat/Lan to distances of X/Y, I mean it's just math. Call it privacy control. Some would just prefer not TMI.

Reactions: timzee
Yea if it wasn't for some of you guys seeing logs I'd say somethings fishy, but I'm suprised with so many trying to help no info now. Not this post necessarily cause the logs, but it's sad that people waste time slandering things just cause their personal opinion. The solo vs phantom ordeal as well as the others just boggle my mind, how can people waste hundreds and thousands of hours with the my brands best and yours sucks arguing. I was amazed at the time and effort put in by people who had never even flown solo on RCG simply to dissuade people from buying one. Who has that kinda time and with their obvious lack of intelligence how can they afford not to be at work. Oh well glad all that's slowed down and not been too bad over here.

It will never slow down, it is up to the moderators to protect an a forum /group from being infiltrated.
Its a hard task. On one side you want to be free to talk about the product in both positive and negative ways, but if you post anything barely negative the DJI clowns jump all over it.
So you dont, then you get called a fanboy because you refuse to feed the DJI trolls. Most of us who have been on the solo train since launch are just fed up with the solo vs phantom. thing. I could care less if you want to support DJI, just dont drag this group down with your crap

That is why I like the facebook groups. They do try to be objective, but they dont hesitate to boot a trouble maker out.
and I applaud that.

anytime you see people just pop in and out like that you have to wonder.
I am still suspect of the Is 3DR closing its doors post.
It was a great way to insure a negative post stayed active on the boards for a long time.
The poster claims to have returned the product, but the thread lives on

you should see the 2nd thread over there. much, much worse than before.

as an aside, this thread title should be changed as the solo has not vanished. this is the 2nd thread on 3drpilots that i've seen that is very misleading for someone who won't go through the motion of reading the entire thing. that being said continuing to respond to it (self included) is keeping it from dying.

My only reservation in broadcasting logs is location details. If you could provide logs without location details as an option, then I think more would play. A simple conversion of the Lat/Lan to distances of X/Y, I mean it's just math. Call it privacy control. Some would just prefer not TMI.

I agree. I'd be quite hesitant to broadcast logs around my home given the location details-- this is the big/bad Internet after all. I would be more inclined to send via email to members here who have by virtue of their history established a favorable reputation-- only if they were to graciously offer their assistance of course.

I agree. I'd be quite hesitant to broadcast logs around my home given the location details-- this is the big/bad Internet after all. I would be more inclined to send via email to members here who have by virtue of their history established a favorable reputation-- only if they were to graciously offer their assistance of course.
I typically don't fly from home, so location isn't going to help any thugs. And working in law enforcement most of my thugs know where I am anyway.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I typically don't fly from home, so location isn't going to help any thugs. And working in law enforcement most of my thugs know where I am anyway.
Yea I guess it would allow more folks to post logs if location info could be covered, that said if the big bad thugs come here It won't be a phone I pick up first and they may not make it off my lawn.

Every solo I've seen lost beside the one at the bottom of the lake in I think it was Nevada has been found though. Are there others I missed?

Frank's right don't answer probably better to just let this thread die.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44