My First Solo Video-The 1,000 Island Bridge

Reaction score
i've been trying to make a short piece to demo what I've learned about the Solo.

This is the best Quadcopter out there, bar none.

Please check it out. It's can be found here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's beautiful up there. Something I've learned... When you're doing a shot that is a long straight forward move, combine it with a slow pan of the area. A long straight ahead shot gets boring. Very very little changes. Moving forward while panning slowly gives the shot way more content with very little more effort. The same goes for long pan. Combine with a reverse move to dramatically increase the content and "interestingness" of the shot.

For example, watch this video of mine. Rarely is the Solo ever making a single direction maneuver for a shot. It's always moving in 2 or 3 directions at once. This video is nothing special. But keeping the shots moving in 3 dimensions makes the video much more interesting.

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I liked your video. It was one I had seen before, and helped me decide to buy a Solo in the first place.

This video was shot without a filter, which is unusual for me. I almost always use a 4 stop ND, which gives more realistic , more film like images. I have another I'm working on right now.

i've been trying to make a short piece to demo what I've learned about the Solo.

This is the best Quadcopter out there, bar none.

Please check it out. It's can be found here:

What lens do you have on the go pro.... any post processing required?

This is the regular Stock GoPro 4 Black.

As to post processing.....

I shoot with pro tune on, so I bring it into GoPro Studio, where I convert the file to a QuickTime file. At that step, you can also remove the fish eye effect.

Next step is to use the same software to assemble the typically 2 clips from the single flight and apply the pro tune filter, and some other mild Colorado correction. In the case of that film, I just used the protune filter and a little added exposure.

Shooting with Protune produces a flat image, so adding the post processing is required. If you want to shoot with it turned off, you could save some time, but I like the image, and on my computers, which are not your average computers, does the conversion on a 1:1 or real time basis.

Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44