Motor Pod Saturation?

Zim

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been experiencing some strange behavior with my Solo recently. It'll lurch downward and right every once in a while, even in windless conditions. The last time it happened I submitted the logs to 3DR and the tech said they noticed, "some saturation in motor pod #1." It's covered under warranty, which is great, but I'd like to understand what it means. Can anyone help explain?

Thanks!

- Tim

3DR's usage of the word "saturation" referring to the max currents in any of the several components in the Pod?
To me, it sounds like too much current to drive #1 Pod. "Motor going bad." Don't fly , replace ASAP.

"Saturation in electronics
refers to "maximum",beyond which the system becomes unstable. if a device reaches its maximum voltage when a certain amount of current is gives as input,then the amount of current is known as saturation current and for voltage its vice versa"

Hope this helps

3DR's usage of the word "saturation" referring to the max currents in any of the several components in the Pod?
To me, it sounds like too much current to drive #1 Pod. "Motor going bad." Don't fly , replace ASAP.

"Saturation in electronics
refers to "maximum",beyond which the system becomes unstable. if a device reaches its maximum voltage when a certain amount of current is gives as input,then the amount of current is known as saturation current and for voltage its vice versa"

Hope this helps
This is exactly the clarification I was hoping for. Thanks for responding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150