Motor Pod Diagnostics in Mission Planner

Reaction score
Today I was using one of my Solos to perform a survey mission setup in Mission Planner and noticed after it came home and landed that when I took off again I was getting some pretty obvious signs of a potential motor pod failure. Jerky flight while hovering (it does have the mRobotics gps upgrade). I tried to check the motors one at a time using Mission Planner 1.3.41 build APM:Copter solo-1.3.1 (739206cc) and the option to turn on each motor one at a time no longer activates the motors. It just makes the copter beep. I tested one of the other Solos with Mission Planner to make sure it wasn't just the quad with the motor pod issue that was having problems talking to Mission Planner.

You're not talking correctly to MP....set your throttle percentage in the MP motor test screen. Default is 5%, you'll need at least 50%. I run my test from 80-100%, I want the bearings to scream they are failing.

And for others, if one motor has failing bearings, then replace all motor bearings...at the same time.

Ok, great. Thanks.... will adjust the throttle % before running the motors. One other issue I have is MP shows up super small due to the resolution of my laptop's 4K screen. I can scale it up in Windows but as soon as I connect the Solo via wifi the screen scaling changes back to the tiny 4K format. I've seen this issue with Autodesk software and there are some work arounds that are not 100% reliable. Anybody had luck with scaling up MP consistently on a 4K screen?

One other issue I have is MP shows up super small due to the resolution of my laptop's 4K screen. I can scale it up in Windows but as soon as I connect the Solo via wifi the screen scaling changes back to the tiny 4K format. I've seen this issue with Autodesk software and there are some work arounds that are not 100% reliable. Anybody had luck with scaling up MP consistently on a 4K screen?
Sounds like a First world problem....;)

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44