MOTOR NOT SPINNING

Reaction score
ok SO im just purchased the 3dr solo it came in the mail last night. I took it out for a flight it performed a little slow and laggy but i think i might have to do with it being cold and windy... but i flew it for 15 minutes.. then I hit the rth button it shot into the sky and proceeded back to the takeoff point atleast close to it. except off by few feet. as it proceeds to land i notice it heading for power line. I try to hit the pause /brake button but it was too late. CRASH!!!!!! hits the power line gets tangled, then falls about 20 fight to the ground. suprisingly only damage that it has is a cracked arm nothing really noticeable. but as I go to get the drone to power up again after chargin for another flight I noticed that Motor pod 1 isnt spinning at all. the lights signal and indicate that everything is ok. then it detects a crash I make a support ticket and explain everything i just did and i talk to 3dr support to find it can take u pto a week or two for it to be reviewed. How do i know if its just the motor or is it the flight controller or circuit board. Ive taken out the motor pod and it seems fine and in tact but It still wont spin once im armed for flight. What can be the problem? Will 3dr replace my motor pod?

Umm the arm is cracked... Are you seriously considering still trying to fly it? Major safety risk and you would be putting people and personal property at risk of injury/damage.

Also, it honestly sounds like user error here. Did you not watch the videos and read the manual before flying it?

the arm isnt cracked like that bad its literally just a a chip no bigger then a tic tac if even that big.... and I watched all the videos before flight. plus im an experienced flyer i build racers and i have phantom 4 It def wasnt my fault.

Try swapping pods with the one diagonally opposed. If the suspect pod doesn't run there and your known good pod spins up where the damaged pod used to be, then the pod is bad. If the dodgy pod does spin up but the good pod doesn't, then there may be a problem from the ESC on in. Check for loose connectors or other sprung connections. RTH needs to be invoked with a clear line of sight to the return point including anything in the way at the RTH altitude.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig