Maybe not so smart battery - help?

Reaction score
I think after all this time I should come up with my own answers but I am a little stressed. I am flying out in the morning with Solo for a shoot. I made a last minute purchase - two extra, extra batteries. Best Buy has them in stock now so I was like "yo, gimme two" ...

So I charge and test flight the first battery - AOK. 2nd battery - not so good.

When plugged in, the LED cluster lights half way, the last LED flashes and the charger indicator is red - all is sunshine and happiness for about 5 seconds. The smart charger indicator turns green and the LED stops flashing and flows solid like its charged.

Solo tells me the battery is 54% charged and the system seems to be performing as it should.

Ok, my guess is - my guess is Best Buy will receive a return on Friday - BUT - I would like to know if any of you have experienced this and/or have any suggestions.

I think after all this time I should come up with my own answers but I am a little stressed. I am flying out in the morning with Solo for a shoot. I made a last minute purchase - two extra, extra batteries. Best Buy has them in stock now so I was like "yo, gimme two" ...

When plugged in, the LED cluster lights half way, the last LED flashes and the charger indicator is red - all is sunshine and happiness for about 5 seconds. The smart charger indicator turns green and the LED stops flashing and flows solid like its charged.

Solo tells me the battery is 54% charged and the system seems to be performing as it should.

Ok, my guess is - my guess is Best Buy will receive a return on Friday - BUT - I would like to know if any of you have experienced this and/or have any suggestions.
Haven't seen it. If I had to own it, I might try to cycle it. But in your case, I wouldn't mess with it. I would swap it out. The "backup batteries" on quads don't work well :)

Reactions: Flying Squirrel
Yeah ... I've cycled this battery several times and got more of the same. Solo doesn't seem to mind the battery ... I may fly in "a large area clear of trees" ... Dammit! Another trip and more waiting ...

Yeah ... I've cycled this battery several times and got more of the same. Solo doesn't seem to mind the battery ... I may fly in "a large area clear of trees" ... Dammit! Another trip and more waiting ...
Do you have Fry's in your area? Seems like every one I walk into now has a ton of Solo stuff.

Reactions: Flying Squirrel
Yes! One very close to Best Buy and the other close to my work. I've never been in one ... Time for an adventure!

Thank you

Do your batteries beep when they are under 10% charge before you turn them off?

Last edited:

With phantom smart batteries if they are above 85% I think it is they won't charge, if you press then press again and hold it overrides and let's it finish to full charge. Maybe give it a shot I know the solo batteries will turn on out of the solo maybe the same or a similar combo could override your issue. That said if it's easy enough just exchange it out to avoid the pain in the butt.

Mine kind of did this.. I had mine fully charged and the lights in the middle and first one to the left flickered. The battery works as it should but I was a little worried.. I took a video and sent it to 3dr. They sent me a replacement and told me I couldn't keep the battery.. It still works just as it should but the lights can be fooling. I use the battery as a last resort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M