Master Airscrew Solo Deluxe Props

I just received a couple of sets of Master Airscrew 3DR props (4 props per set - 2 silver, 2 black). I haven't flown them yet, but thought I'd post a quick tip for those who might find matching props to shafts a bit confusing.

First things first. Lay the stock 3DR props next to the Master Airscrew props and you'll see the leading/trailing edge matches. Note, the Master Airscrew prop profiles have a slight flange at the tips (presumably to apply more lift).
aP7QQ2

Once you've determined the black/silver prop matches, flip the silver Master Airscrew props over. Then take a silver Sharpie and paint the inside collar. Do this now and it'll save you time and confusion when mounting the props in the field.

hSxz2P

I'm looking forward to testing the Master Airscrew props. They look much more aggressive than the stock 3DR props and I've read that they provide better performance and quieter flight. I'll post more after I test them.
How was the balance out of the package? Did you need to balance them?

I bought 4 boxes of orange and out of them all only 2 props in 1 of the boxes required balancing, all the others were spot on.

This is using the Du Bro Tru spin to check balance.

You can always crazy glue the nuts directly to the props.

How was the balance out of the package? Did you need to balance them?

Spot-on. And, since trying the first set I purchased, each subsequent box has been absolutely zeroed-in without requiring any attention.

Confirmed, the balance is outstanding!
Hope they release those green ones soon
Enjoy

They're really great props, no doubt about it. But if you really get down to the nitty-gritty - Solos stock props are excellent. It seems as if their main drawback is that they're pretty danged noisy!
Heck, I like all the props I've tried so far - but don't think you're at a disadvantage if you only have the stock version.

They're really great props, no doubt about it. But if you really get down to the nitty-gritty - Solos stock props are excellent. It seems as if their main drawback is that they're pretty danged noisy!
Heck, I like all the props I've tried so far - but don't think you're at a disadvantage if you only have the stock version.
I have 2 solo's. One for just playing, the other for video/pics. I'd like to see a bit more improvement on the performance side for playing (hard flying). Which would be best for that?

The MAS are very snappy in acro, I was actually just wondering about taking My spare solo out and trying some acro flips with it. The MAS are so well balanced it they don't harm your video feed like I've seen CF props do on other gimbal stabilized quad platforms.
My batteries and motors always come down cooler with these props, less wear and tear on ever part of the system!

@Marich i bought 2 pairs after a crash took out my stock props. They are quieter than the stock ones. I have orange and black cross configured for looks only. I've noticed rotor 1, (front right) is less likely to be in the picture frame now.

I think that has to do with the autopilot. It may realizes that it's needs a shallower bank to achieve the same forward speed, but I'm probably not the best person here to answer that question. I think that just because it does less work it needs less bank to achieve a certain speed.
Crazy theory

Just tried my orange ones.

I do not associated orange props with cheap gws props anymore:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig