Low Battery Failsafes

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to increase the Return to Home failsafe which happens when the Solo reaches 10% battery? I'd prefer to have it up around 25%-30% just to be safe and also so I can use it while surfing on my own.

EDIT: see post below.
You can hit the RTH button at any time you like.

Last edited:
Good list to have thanks Erik.

Does altering parameters void the warranty ?

Good list to have thanks Erik.

Does altering parameters void the warranty ?
3DR has stated that only if a changed parameter is found to be related to the cause of a crash. Certainly reasonable..

3DR has stated that only if a changed parameter is found to be related to the cause of a crash. Certainly reasonable..
Thats good.
I might have to start having a play.
Not that my warranty is good anyway, Im not even running original motors, but its good for those that want to have a tinker.

You could change it using the Tower app on Android. Or with Mission Planner on a PC, or APM on a Mac. I'm not sure if the Solo app would reset the param the next time it connects, but I don't think so.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters/

So what kind of battery capacity would translate to roughly 25% battery? I'm fairly new to using the Solo so I'm not sure what mAh gives in terms of battery percent.

So what kind of battery capacity would translate to roughly 25% battery? I'm fairly new to using the Solo so I'm not sure what mAh gives in terms of battery percent.
Off the top of my head I can't recall. 0.1 volt makes a difference, so I don't want to throw out a number because being off by a little could actually be a lot. I'd focus on volts though. FS_BATT_VOLTAGE

I'd fly 3 or 4 fully charged batteries and note down the volts (and mah) at various percentages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado