Loss of connection with the controller...?

Reaction score
So I just received my new fpvlr's today and I went out to test them. I am getting farther distances out of my solo with this antenna. However, my controller constantly is telling me loss of connection when I'm still getting video feed and such. It's also not returning to home and I still have control of the solo... So I'm not really losing connection. Any thoughts?

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
What's the RSSI at when it says that? Also do the little indicators turn red on the tablet display?

What's the RSSI at when it says that? Also do the little indicators turn red on the tablet display?

The rssi ranged from 55-65. And no I don't think the indicators turned red. I never actually lost connection as I had fun control and video but the controller kept thinking I did.

So I just received my new fpvlr's today and I went out to test them. I am getting farther distances out of my solo with this antenna. However, my controller constantly is telling me loss of connection when I'm still getting video feed and such. It's also not returning to home and I still have control of the solo... So I'm not really losing connection. Any thoughts?
Are you in a high wifi area..? it sounds like your getting your distance but maybe the high wifi in your area is confusing your controller and solo...did you try it in a deferent area and get the same results.?

That's odd. 55-65 is a very good signal. Are you in a wifi congested area?

That's odd. 55-65 is a very good signal. Are you in a wifi congested area?

Actually yes I live in the city so there is a lot of wifi and other interference however it did not happen with the stock antennas. I'll have to take it to a park and see if the same thing happens.

First step is to find out which is telling the truth. Are you connected or not? Check your DB/RSI values. Does the controller say lost connection? If it is the app, try rebooting. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling.

Sounds like something is interfering with the app itself since you still had good video feed and control.
There is something on my tablet that occasionally does something similar. Before going into the app, the controller says the app is connected. Then when going into the app, at the top of the screen it says disconnected. I get no video and end up having to reboot the tablet to get everything straightened out.

That's interesting but the app stays connected the whole time with no issues. It's the controller that vibrates and says lost connection. I'll play around with it some more tomorrow and see if I can't figure out what's going on. Thanks for the input everyone!

Im on the same boat as you and for some reason i keep losing control connection, mines does come back home right away but i dont get live feed like yours at all til i get controller connection again., now when you do lose controller connection u are flying manual and that has to do with the gps signal getting glitches, i open my solo and move a few clabes around from the inside ( nothing got unplug ) just move them around and my signals for some reason boost up for the better maybe something inside your solo (cables) are getting to close one to another try it

Just had the same problem while flying a few hours ago. Had control, video, but "not connected" showing up top. Can we send this in as a trouble ticket?

Just had the same problem while flying a few hours ago. Had control, video, but "not connected" showing up top. Can we send this in as a trouble ticket?

Yeah if I keep having the same issue I will. I'm currently working with them on a ticket for not being able to acquire GPS lock out on a boat. As soon as I went to shore boom 12 sats in 10 seconds... They seem to think it has something to do with a rocking boat. Anyways they seem to be real quick with trouble tickets so it's probably worth a shot.

Yeah if I keep having the same issue I will. I'm currently working with them on a ticket for not being able to acquire GPS lock out on a boat. As soon as I went to shore boom 12 sats in 10 seconds... They seem to think it has something to do with a rocking boat. Anyways they seem to be real quick with trouble tickets so it's probably worth a shot.
I read about people having trouble with the Inspire 1 not being able to get satellite lock while on a boat, because of the rocking.

Is it okay to reboot while in the air? I wouldn't want to try that one . . .
Yes, the app is for your convenience and the Solo doesn't need it to fly. You can even leave your tablet home and fly like we always used to before apps were written. If you reboot while flying, Solo will usually RTH on new connection. You can hit fly or another mode to continue,

I just had the same thing today. Loss connection from controller and it did not rth. It said awaiting connection and thankfully it reconnected to the solo. Would it eventually have returned home or possibly it is somewhat still connected?

There is a delay between loss of signal and RTH. Assuming all is well (otherwise) it would RTH.

I'll throw in my experience with a "loss of signal" flight that I had yesterday. I am using the FPVLR antenna ver.2 which has worked extremely well in this same area for several weeks. I was about 800 feet from base with a 245 foot altitude when the controller lost all contact with Solo. Video and control were gone for quite a while until Solo RTL'd and was fairly close (perhaps 200 feet or so). It landed fine and all was well. I checked the wifi environment with my phone (WiFi Analyzer) and noticed that the Solo was on channel 6 along with a strong signal from "Netgear 145". I powered down both the controller and Solo to reset the channel, but after three tries, it was still starting up on channel 6. I have always used the sequence "Marco Polo, Camera, Solo, Controller, App" with good success. I decided to start up the controller first and then power up Solo. Sure enough, Solo was now on channel 4 which was clear of other signals! I flew another four sorties as far out as 2,300 feet and never had a blip. One test a study doesn't make, but I think I may be changing my start up sequence for future flights. I always assumed that the controller picked the channel and Solo just went along for the ride. In any case, the liberal use of "WiFi Analyzer" is a good practice.

Reactions: RolandS888

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44