Losing signal directly overhead

Have you had signal problems when the Solo is directly overhead?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to losing signal when the Solo is directly over the controller? I had the problem with my stock antennas, some extended antennas, and now a couple of Alpha's, and I still have the issue. Distance-wise, the Alpha's are awesome, but not necessarily overhead.

I hovered at 400' for 10 minutes or so, video was not smooth sometimes but never lost signal (stock antennas)

Pretty sure the antennas are diversity, eg best signal wins. I just flip one of my alphas flat as its returning home above head. Full signal, bingo

Has anyone found a solution to losing signal when the Solo is directly over the controller? I had the problem with my stock antennas, some extended antennas, and now a couple of Alpha's, and I still have the issue. Distance-wise, the Alpha's are awesome, but not necessarily overhead.
That is pretty normal unless you position your antennas correctly in that situation. Take a look at this informative video on antennas.
The producer does an excellent job of explaining some things.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No matter what kind on antenna you are using on your controller, you need to be aware of your antenna orientation at all times and especially when flying overhead

Dude with the alfas, turn them down and facing alfa out, then when you fly overhead just flip one up flat with alfa facing up... problem solved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso