Lenovo 8" tablet issues

Reaction score
I've got my solo working fine with the Galaxy S5, no issues.
I bought a Lenovo 8" tablet with gps onboard that will not keep a connection.
It loads to solo app ok and I can go into the first setting screen fine.
When I go to the next Fly Solo screen, it connects, says battery is to low to fly solo (with a full battery on solo and controller) then looses connection, that happens about every 5 seconds.

Moved the tablet to the other side of the room in case there was wifi interference.
Did a factory restore on the tablet.
Deleted and reinstalled 3dr services and solo app.
Put tablet into airplane mode.
No connection services to turn off on tablet.
Kind of at a loss on what to do.
Any idea?

So just to be on the same page, when you use your Lenovo, you get the battery warning. Now, what happens if you immediately switch to the S5? Do you get the same warning?

I ask because the first thing that comes to mind is a low battery on the Lenovo itself. I'd be surprised if it does check for that.

So just to be on the same page, when you use your Lenovo, you get the battery warning. Now, what happens if you immediately switch to the S5? Do you get the same warning?

I ask because the first thing that comes to mind is a low battery on the Lenovo itself. I'd be surprised if it does check for that.
Battery on the Lenovo is full.
If i swap right over to the S5 it connects and no issues.

I'd be interested in seeing the adb logs of your Lenovo. It's such a strange problem.

Have you contacted support yet?

I'd be interested in seeing the adb logs of your Lenovo. It's such a strange problem.

Have you contacted support yet?
Which ones would you like?
Haven't looked at those yet, mostly stay in the tlogs for my info as of yet.
Worked with tech support last year and didn't resolve it, submitted a new request today. Hoping it's something easy.

Just to rule out a possible hardware failure, would it be possible to test another Lenovo tablet to see if it causes the same thing?

If it's repeatable, I'd like to go from there and look at the related logcat logs.

Just to rule out a possible hardware failure, would it be possible to test another Lenovo tablet to see if it causes the same thing?

If it's repeatable, I'd like to go from there and look at the related logcat logs.
That's the only one i have, went back to OD and they don't sell them anymore.

That's the only one i have, went back to OD and they don't sell them anymore.

I see. Well, let's go over the basics.

Could you send me the list of hardware and software specs your particular device has? Please include the firmware, custom or stock, free space, ram usage, etc.

As for the logs, have you ever pulled an adb log before?

I see. Well, let's go over the basics.

Could you send me the list of hardware and software specs your particular device has? Please include the firmware, custom or stock, free space, ram usage, etc.

As for the logs, have you ever pulled an adb log before?
Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50F
Android 5.1, stock not rooted
Kernal 3.10.65
Solo is 2.1.1 for controller and Solo
Solo app is 2.2.0
3DR services is 1.5.3
503meg of free ram
16g storage w/8.2g free
32g microsd card
Never pulled a log off the android.

Loaded up Tower and I get the same issues.
It"ll find the solo, video and data starts from the solo/camera for a couple seconds and then it looses connection, hit the connect button and it all starts over.
Tried to upload a video but no luck.

Your hardware and software is up to specs.

From the sound if it, it could be just a bad wifi card on the Lenovo or interference by some app or service that controls networking.

As for adb, I find it is easiest to do from a Linux box but you can do it on other operating systems. It's different for each system but follow any tutorial out there on how to install and set up adb. XDA or Google's site can guide you. I'd write out the steps but there are countless resources out there that would do it better than I.

Also, try taking the micoSD card out and reboot and see if it makes a difference. I've heard many strange stories of a bad card causing problems. I've had them myself.

Id like to give my experience on Lenovo , I also have the Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50F and it worked perfectly until the solo app updates in November after that it constantly disconnects and reconnects from solo wifi .At the time i also had an LGG3 and it had no issues so i bought a second Lenovo Tab A7 something but it had same issues and the only way i can use either of the Lenovo devices is to go back to solo app version 1.13 and services 1.43 and no problems but also none of the new features. Also should mention that in Tower app there were no issues.

Thanks, i was pretty sure that a few versions ago it was working fine in Tower but still had issues in the Solo app. Not sure which way to go at this point but I'm glad it is working good on my phone even if the screen is a bit small.

From the sound if it, it could be just a bad wifi card on the Lenovo or interference by some app or service that controls networking.

As for adb, I find it is easiest to do from a Linux box but you can do it on other operating systems. It's different for each system but follow any tutorial out there on how to install and set up adb. XDA or Google's site can guide you. I'd write out the steps but there are countless resources out there that would do it better than I.

Also, try taking the micoSD card out and reboot and see if it makes a difference. I've heard many strange stories of a bad card causing problems. I've had them myself.[/QUOTE

Also, try taking the micoSD card out and reboot and see if it makes a difference. I've heard many strange stories of a bad card causing problems. I've had them myself.

]
I'll try the sd card removal and see if that helps. Once i load up the log tool I'll see if i can upload it.
Really appreciate the help!

Thanks to Madmarty's additional information, it pointed me to this:

WiFi Issues TAB 2 A8-50 - Lenovo Community

I Googled around and it seems a lot of other people have the same issue.

I vaguely remember that there was a time when the Solo would connect over WPA instead of the newer WPA2 by default so that's probably why it works with an older version.

This is an easy test to do. Set a wireless access point to only allow WPA2 and see if you can connect to it with your Lenovo. If it has connectivity issues, that's the root of your problem and would require Lenovo to fix it or a custom rom.

My home network is already WPA2 PSK and it works fine. WPA works ok as well. Do you know if Solo is a different security protocol? And if so, is there a way to change it or an app for the tablet?

Tried it without the sd card, powered down. Same issues. The tablet has a debugging and logging setting under the debug area after enabling it. Let me know if this is the type of file you were asking about.
Tried looking into my wifi and both home and Solo are running WPA2 PSK.
In the Solo app i can log onto the Solo and as long as i stay in the first screen before going to fly, the controller and Solo stay connected.
Something else odd is that i ftp into the Solo for the flight logs and it stays connected with no issues at all.
It's a weird one for sure.

Attachments

• bugreport-2016-04-20-04-40-48.txt
    6.8 MB · Views: 11
Hi Guys. Like Chris and Madmarty, I am also experiencing the connection issue with the Lenovo tab 2 A8. i have tried all the fixes listed was well as the Beta version of the app and it continues to have the connection drop/reconnect every 3-4 seconds. my issues also started in the November time frame, but i did not fly much due to the cold temps. Please post any fixes or workarounds so i can try to get this working.....in the meantime, back to my iOS device.

Thanks to all the emails and info.
I figured out how to fix it...

Took it back to Office Depot and bought a Galaxy Tab A-8 after I found the store manager and got him to agree to take it back.
Installed the 3DR apps and it works perfectly right out of the box, beer time!!!

Thanks to all the emails and info.
I figured out how to fix it...

Took it back to Office Depot and bought a Galaxy Tab A-8 after I found the store manager and got him to agree to take it back.
Installed the 3DR apps and it works perfectly right out of the box, beer time!!!

Glad to hear it's working.

After looking through the logs, everything seems to check out. It's hard to debug remotely but I still think the best possible reason is the Lenovo does not handle WPA2 as well. There are a number of threads out there that point this issue out specifically.

Until then, if anyone else wants to test it out, please let me know if the problem still exists after installing a custom rom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44