Largest Controller Tablet Size - Options

I now can fit my air 2 tablet with its case on my controller. Just take apart your holder on your controller and drill 2 new holes on the bottom bracket lower than the stock holes and file or exacto knife the slots in the holes. Then on the upper bracket exacto knife the slots longer to let the bracket slide longer. just leave the springs in the same spot my springs streatch out a bit but worked out fine.

You can't beat almost free....:D. I took my controller down with me when I bought mine to make sure it fit. I bought the wifi only model, but kinda wish I would have sprung for the carrier based model for internet access. Live and learn!

Yes. You just download it from the Google Play Store. If you go that route, download the 3DR Services app as well, since it works in conjunction with the Solo app.

image.jpg image.jpeg I purchased a cheap iPad moun for my vehicle (eBay or Amazon, can't remember) it was a ball mount, took factory solo mount off and it popped right into place. It is a little bulky with the full size iPad Air 2 but I love the screen size

I now can fit my air 2 tablet with its case on my controller. Just take apart your holder on your controller and drill 2 new holes on the bottom bracket lower than the stock holes and file or exacto knife the slots in the holes. Then on the upper bracket exacto knife the slots longer to let the bracket slide longer. just leave the springs in the same spot my springs streatch out a bit but worked out fine.
I am telling you. You really should buy this. It snaps right on (the four pronged hooks) in place of the existing, in two seconds and will hold any tablet of any size (including protective case) very securely. No drilling or screwing necessary.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Dealgadgets&page=1&rh=n:541966

Best of all, it is 13 bucks...

So the ball on that one is the same size, and fits the same as stock? My 8" tablet moves sometimes and I have to adjust it or tighten the ball on mine. Does this seem more secure than stock as far as the tablet weight moving it?

So the ball on that one is the same size, and fits the same as stock? My 8" tablet moves sometimes and I have to adjust it or tighten the ball on mine. Does this seem more secure than stock as far as the tablet weight moving it?
The ball socket on the aftermarket iPad holder was slightly smaller, however after tightening the nut it is very secure - MUCH better than having iPad pop out of factory spring loaded phone mount

Even better!! This thing has the same 4 plastic hooks as the stock clamp. It snaps right on. I cranked down the ball on mine, and put this on, and it hasn't moved since. This will hold any size tablet, including a protective cover.

The only other problem is balance/weighting, which can be fixed by a handy little clip printed by Jake Jones over on the Solo Mod FB group

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks