Landing in Manual Mode and Stopping Motors

I know this is an old thread but I may have overlooked this answer in the manual..my question is...if I hold the throttle stick all the way down,will it kill the motors in mid flight?..right now I make the solo descend very slowly by pulling down slightly on the throttle stick when bringing it down because I fear that it may kill the motors if I pull the throttle all the way down..is that correct?
No, absolutely not. The throttle stick works the same in fly and manual. It's simply a % of the maximum vertical rate. Stick fully down or fully up will command full vertical speed up or down. That maximum rate is determined by the turtle/rabbit sliders. Like wise, the stick pushed down a little bit will command say 20% of the maximum vertical speed.

In Stabilize mode, throttle full down will put the motors to minimum power with no stabilization. The copter will tumble and crash unless you push the throttle back up. So be careful with that. But even that will not disarm it in flight.

Reactions: overdriver999
No, absolutely not. The throttle stick works the same in fly and manual. It's simply a % of the maximum vertical rate. Stick fully down or fully up will command full vertical speed up or down. That maximum rate is determined by the turtle/rabbit sliders. Like wise, the stick pushed down a little bit will command say 20% of the maximum vertical speed.

In Stabilize mode, throttle full down will put the motors to minimum power with no stabilization. The copter will tumble and crash unless you push the throttle back up. So be careful with that. But even that will not disarm it in flight.
Ok,excellent..thank you for the quick response..I wanted to make sure just in case I needed to bring it down quickly..and I know some of my toy grade drones will kill motors if throttle stick all the way down for 3 seconds..thanks for the clarification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44