Kamra vs Solo

Have to admit reviewing the specs i would go mavic as well. The karma offers me nothing except the grip over my solo. The mavic however does give me a differentiator or two.

That being said, if the package drops to 299$ i may buy one and a spare battery pack just to get the grip for use with my hero 5.
I've been a Go Pro guy since the very first camera that took AAA batteries. I've considered the Karma and the Mavic myself as well. I'd love the karma grip, especially when they come out with the extender that will separate the gimbal from the battery/grip so I can mount it on my motorcycle. I also like the system the Karma brings with the built in screen, case, companion app,etc. However, I think from a purely "drone" aspect, the Mavic is superior.

According to Go Pro the karma is set to be released again soon. I'd suggest some type of built in warranty, a lower initial price, include the Hero 4 mount and maybe a spare battery or the Karma grip extension kit. Just to get people in the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spectre95
still says coming soon on their website
is goPro on life support? They lost $373M last year, ouch.
there was a 2-year gap between Hero4 and 5...now they want Hero6 to launch this year...haha

With GP already talking about the Hero6 potentially launching this year..seems sort of stupid to talk about any successor to the H5 now.
Never talk about a new camera when you only have the previous model to sell.

Seems shortsighted. I won't buy a 5 now, if I know within a few months its either going to be slashed in price or be completely obsoleted before I even get the first scratch on the case if you know what I mean.

But then again, if the GP6 is some sort of 360 spherical cam, I'm not interested.

if you flew both, you'd know that is a pretty accurate statement.

Even if Karma is $299, count me out. It's too similar to the Solo which I had 3 at one point. I simply do not trust GoPro's software, either.

If I want a foldable craft, Mavic Pro is the clear winner.
What about Gopro software do you not trust?

With GP already talking about the Hero6 potentially launching this year..seems sort of stupid to talk about any successor to the H5 now.
Never talk about a new camera when you only have the previous model to sell.

Seems shortsighted. I won't buy a 5 now, if I know within a few months its either going to be slashed in price or be completely obsoleted before I even get the first scratch on the case if you know what I mean.

But then again, if the GP6 is some sort of 360 spherical cam, I'm not interested.
Me either

If you watched the superbowl, someone had a Samsung 360 cam on a stick right in Tom Brady's face.
GoPro heads were collectively exploding, thinking that should have been their cam.

360..meh..a niche camera.
Heck, for that matter, you can already get a very nice, inexpensive one right now.
This one is cheap and received some pretty good reviews. Its also rebranded by a few companies now.
You think a GP6 360 cam would be sub $150? LOL not a chance.

Elephone Elecam 360 WiFi Action Camera Dual Lens-131.69 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

http://www.mgcool.cc/goods.php?id=40

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44