Interesting Folding Solo Design..

I totally wasn't criticizing the design, someone had said earlier that it got less flight time than presumably stock.

Can you share the total flying weight with camera and how long a flight times you're getting?
Yes, flight time was 2 min less than stock Solo when I first tested the setup with the original Solo batt fully loaded with gimbal and GP. With the 2nd batt in parallel, flight time is now 18 - 20 min depending on when I land. I can get 2 - 3 more minutes if I ditch the 4X retract servos but I like them and 20min is plenty for me.

Ha

Happy with it. 30sec to lock from cold start, 18-20 sats with 0.6 HDOP and the best part is, 25 bucks vs. $80 for the MRO. Been using them since they first came out on several of my Pixhawk builds.

I'll check it out for sure.

Did you relocate or remove the leg compass? I've removed mine and haven't had any issues, but just curious.

I'll check it out for sure.

Did you relocate or remove the leg compass? I've removed mine and haven't had any issues, but just curious.
I scrapped the leg compass and used the one on board the SE1000 GPS

Impressed. What ESC/Motor were you using for this? Did you need to calibrate ESC with Solo controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M