in case your droid is listed as incompatable

Reaction score
The link to the solo droid app is here: http://bit.ly/sologoogleplay but if your phone is not on the very small list of supported devices, you won't be able to instal it from Google play.

Supported devices...

Samsung S3, S4 (mini), S5, S6, S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Samsung Note 3, 4
LG G3
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 5, 6
Nexus 9
HTC One M7, M8, M9
OnePlus One
Sony Xperia Z3

But you can install it from another source.

This was linked In 3DR's Facebook post, but was mysteriously deleted.
https://mobile.twitter.com/typhoonfilsy/status/607044519230468096

Which sends you to dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gqjdpfpji55ppi/com.o3dr.solo.android.apk?dl=0

This worked for my LG phone running droid 5.0.2

Get it before the link is dead

Reactions: GoingSolo
Thanks. I have a new Tab S that I have switched to Lollipop OS and it said it was not compatible so I had not tried to find the upgrade file. Appreciate the link as you saved me some work.

Got the Solo app to install and appears to be working on my Galaxy Note 8.0 v 4.4.2.

Thanks. Installed smoothly onto my Galaxy Note 10.5.

Now to mount the full sized pad onto the solo controller...

I installed it in a Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30 with the link you provide and the app runs but it doesn't seem to hace internet access. No update asked as the app in my iphone and no GPS map correct position. Someone with this issue?

Last edited:
Thanks! The Solo app installed smoothly after downloading and changing my security settings. My Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is now operational!

Reactions: dennyO
Thanks! The Solo app installed smoothly after downloading and changing my security settings. My Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is now operational!

When you say you changed your security settings what you mean? Because Im still with no location service and no update. Its like no internet access from the app.

Installed and runs fine on LG 8" Tab..

Installed APP from above, works on Samsung Tab S 8.4 LTE with 4.4.2 OS

Reactions: dennyO
When you say you changed your security settings what you mean? .
It will tell you what to do when you install the app. There is a setting you need to check about allowing unauthorized apps. You can do this in the middle of install and it will provide link for you to click to do it.

Carlos - under settings, General/security/Device administration Unknown sources= I checked the box.
"allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store"

I believe that I also unchecked the box to verify apps (block or warn before install).

On my device security was blocking any install.

This allowed the install to proceed.

Hope this helps...

Now, after install I returned my security settings to original settings.

Carlos - under settings, General/security/Device administration Unknown sources= I checked the box.
"allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store"

I believe that I also unchecked the box to verify apps (block or warn before install).

On my device security was blocking any install.

This allowed the install to proceed.

Hope this helps...

Now, after install I returned my security settings to original settings.
Thanks. I did that. My app is installed and runs but It seems to have no connection. No updates, no gps position and no support tickets as it appears in my iphone.

It installed and starts fine on my TAB S.

I am just missing the back thing with spinny props.

Yea it loaded fine. Everything seems to work but cant connect to Solo WIFI of course. Missing the solo.

Yea it loaded fine. Everything seems to work but cant connect to Solo WIFI of course. Missing the solo.
did you order yours yet ?
I don't want to buy another device. I just bought this one especially for the solo

Last edited:
6 weeks ago. Waiting on shipping confirmation.

However I know it works at Chuck "DBS" is flying a Solo doing range testing.

Hi - Have you noticed any freezing of the app? My 8.4 froze twice today while flying. Am wondering if it really is not supported...

I actually don't have my solo yet...
I got the dreaded email from Best Buy delaying shipment/delivery until the 17th.
The solo app did install after I made the changes on my galaxy pro 8.4 - I won't know yet if there's any additional issues until next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150