Device Compatibility for Solo

the tab e was a european version so i wasnt sure it was working. i currently use a 6plus but wanted a dedicated tablet. take advantage of some christmas sales haha.

i was likely going to go with nexus 7 or 9. good call.

you cant go wrong with nexus, it is the purist form of android since it is google hardware.
no OEM or carrier bloatware, For example Samsung devices have their own shell called touchwiz on top of android.
and 3DR is said to test with nexus
not to mention they are upgraded better than any android device period
I have the 9

Reactions: Trevor
Nexus 7 on my rig, using Mapbox to download maps of where I'llbe flying that day.

Ok is there any suggestions that Solo app will eventually workii on the Windows os Surface tablet

None that I am aware of. Best option would be to pick up an inexpensive android device and have the ability to use Tower too. Unless you can get an emulator to run, you will be stuck with just Mission Planner.

Well I will tell you all. I have the NOTE 4 and if you put it in auto brightness in direct sun it goes SUPER bright (brighter than max brightness WITHOUT auto on.

It's actually 750 nits at that brightness. I mean it's a little washed out, but I can see perfect in direct overhead sun with NO sunshade at all. It's smaller than I like of course, but it will suffice until I find the one that works best. I might be looking at the Tab 8.4, but I am sure that might need a sunshade (which I am also looking at).

Ryan G

I like this notion, I currently have a samsung S6, which on a sunny day the screen is not bright enough, in some cases I can get it to briefly go bright by mixing shade then sun on the display, but sometimes doing that at long ranges causes me to lose signal because I'm twisting the controller around. In any case, I notice there's a NOTE 5 out now, has anyone any experience with that in bright sunlight?

you cant go wrong with nexus 7 (2013) that is the tablet 3dr is using

How do you get the soft keys to go away on the Nexus 7. I've tried a hand full of apps which squish it down but access to make all the smart shots start in the 3dr solo app is still block by the lightly gray line at the bottom of the screen. So I can't engage them.

I know virtually nothing and have not received my solo yet.
Is the following going to work without a service contract to operate the solo?
LG - G Pad F 8.0 - 8" - Tablet - 16GB - Wi-Fi + 4G LTE AT&T - Titan Black
  • Model: LGV495.AATTTS
  • SKU: 4591801
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • 8" IPS screen with 1280 x 800 resolution
  • 16GB storage capacity
  • Quad-core processor
  • Wi-Fi + 4G LTE
  • Q Pair
  • 5.0MP rear-facing and 2.0MP front-facing cameras

• Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • 16GB storage capacity
  • Quad-core processor
  • Wi-Fi + 4G LTE
  • Q Pair
Looks pretty good to me, I think Android 5 is fine.

• Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • 16GB storage capacity
  • Quad-core processor
  • Wi-Fi + 4G LTE
  • Q Pair
Can't vouch for your specific tablet, but upgrading to Android 6.x Marshmallow couldn't hurt you. WI-FI and 4G is beneficial.

You don't need any camera in your device.

There are no service contracts unless you get SiteScan for enterprise for one gazillion dollars.

OK, Thank you both, thinking bout getting the same g pad in 10 inch , I'm going to try my 5 inch phone to start but I'm sure I'll want a bigger screen. both of these are reasonably priced new on ebay ( Unlocked)

Remember if you want to use dynamic altitude the device you are using must be barometer equipped.

I have a Nexus 7 and it works great but it is not barometer equipped. I ended up using my Mini 4 for the barometer and it works great with Solo. I believe the Nexus 9 has a barometer but I'm not sure Solo will use it for dynamic altitude.

So this is a joke right? I can't use my LG phone to fly solo? I don't mean to sound like a jerk on my first post here but it totally makes sense to me now why this company is basically folding up. This is absolutely unacceptable. Not going to go into why, but I mean really. It's a mainstream phone. Get real. Literally have NEVER EVER seen this issue with any other device before. Never even knew it was a possible issue. Just, wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44