I have to remove my Gimbal off the solo and another little rant

Reaction score
I know many of you don't want to hear this. I'm getting my motor pods Monday so I can start flying again. My little whine for the day is I have to take off my Gimbal and add the quad plate for the Mapir cameras. I need to fly/photo in multi-spectrum the crops before the harvest. Let see the Phantom mount 4 camera at once. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for Gimbals flying everyone will be flying with theirs. Now this is the kind of whining for this board.

I love my solo as it is more of an aircraft then a toy. I had the P2V+ and Solo apart today - huge difference for the quality of build on the Solo. Let's add the integrated flight log, FOUR cameras at once, great customer support, warranty, future growth. I mean come on the P2V+ is less then a year old and is obsolete and still flys away -crashed yesterday

Anyone jumping on this thread bitching and whining about 3dr will be met with hostilities. Don't like it or need the features go buy a toy for a few hundred less.

Burke

It does suck watching everyone waiting for theirs and I had one for over a week but needed motor pods. No I get my pods and have to remove it. Either-way the bird is going to get some hours on her.

Not sure. They are shipping today. Starting with Inferred and Red along w Gopro4. Will add the green or blue later. I was flying at 175' and they are suggesting 65'. With the overlap that's over 2 hours to cover one field. Need more batteries...

Not sure. They are shipping today. Starting with Inferred and Red along w Gopro4. Will add the green or blue later. I was flying at 175' and they are suggesting 65'. With the overlap that's over 2 hours to cover one field. Need more batteries...
Let us or me know how the IR does I've debated grabbing it since I saw peau makes them.

Will do. Very reasonable price considering the alternatives let alone they have a quad mount for the solo.

Yea definitley priced great honestly them being so cheap compared to others is why I'm wanting to see how it does first. I don't yet need it myself but for the price figure why not if it works well.

Cheap enough for me to jump the gun and collect some of the pre-harvest data from a few farmers for my studies. Hopefully I see something beneficial instead of waiting for another year-cycle.

Also would like have public or private discussions with a few uav intellects. Objective- to find business models.
Finding a measurable value for the farmers and make a good living at it is just one idea.

Hey @Burkeam
Can you elaborate more on how you use the mapir cameras. I was also looking at them, have a friend in agriculture and I wanted to show him what the solo with these badass cameras can do. But I am not sure how useful they can be (I assume A LOT).
Which camera should I start with, do I need 2 at the same time?

Kinda stupid and broad question but I didn't have the time yet to look more deeply into this.
Hopefully you can share a bit more info :)
Thanks!

Hey @Burkeam
Can you elaborate more on how you use the mapir cameras. I was also looking at them, have a friend in agriculture and I wanted to show him what the solo with these badass cameras can do. But I am not sure how useful they can be (I assume A LOT).
Which camera should I start with, do I need 2 at the same time?

Kinda stupid and broad question but I didn't have the time yet to look more deeply into this.
Hopefully you can share a bit more info :)
Thanks!

I am very interested as well and I saw the examples on the website. Would someone care to explain how the coloured cameras and IR help with viewing crops?

I am very interested as well and I saw the examples on the website. Would someone care to explain how the coloured cameras and IR help with viewing crops?

I am a farmer in Texas and have used satellite photos and yield maps from the past years. Looking at those revealed areas that needed a walk thru or some detective work. The cloudiness of the last few summers can play havoc with using Sat. Maps. Using the solo allows a field to be flown, generate a photo and allow user to detect stress or irregularities that could be addressed before the crop is finished. Yield maps are great and tell you a lot but the question why did this happen in this spot occurs often. It's after the fact and the crop is finished. Agribotix is another company that sells a solo equipped with cameras and the service to stitch photos into a composite picture. I purchased the solo as a low end starter drone to see if it could work for me before buying in to the higher priced ones that are being peddled now. A nearby dealer is selling ones 8-12000 that are older technology.I intend to continue to hone my skills this winter and learn more about cameras, tower app. And stitching photos and see what I think before the next season.

Reactions: J R and RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M