I have a new solo and a GoPro hero 3 why can I not take pics or video

Reaction score
I can stream through the gp but have a shadowed pic and vid button any help ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, the Hero 3 cannot be controlled through the gimbal by the Solo app. Only the Hero 3+ and Hero 4 support that level of functionality. So you'll have to start recording manually before starting the motors and just let your Hero 3 keep recording throughout the entire flight.

To be more specific, I have the hero3+ silver and still have to manually press the record button on the GoPro. I heard elsewhere on the forum that the hero3+ black and both hero4 silver and black is when you can have control of the GoPro from the app.

Sounds like you have a bad HDMI connection...I had the same symptoms and freaked out thinking my camera was broken, but HDmi was not fully connected...a cheap solution if it works.

Sounds like you have a bad HDMI connection...I had the same symptoms and freaked out thinking my camera was broken, but HDmi was not fully connected...a cheap solution if it works.
Hero 3+ black at minimum to have control but I went through a lot of bs thinking solo was the problem. My hero 3+ black no video, bought a slightly used hero 4 black edition, no video, exchanged 3 different solos trying to figure out problem, hdmi cable and whatever else. Got pissed and bought new hero 4 black edition...problem solved. I guess hdmi port on gopro goes bad apparently pretty easily. Where there is a will (and $$$) there is a way. I spent more on gopros than solos...lol Anybody want a fully functional gopro with bad hdmi port?

I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black and it works fine on my Solo as long as it's set at 1080/60P, yesterday it was at 1080/24P and all I got was black on my phone so back to 60P it went. Now I cannot change the settings w/the app but I have a wifi remote and and I use it that to start and stop recording. Not perfect but it works.

I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black and it works fine on my Solo as long as it's set at 1080/60P, yesterday it was at 1080/24P and all I got was black on my phone so back to 60P it went. Now I cannot change the settings w/the app but I have a wifi remote and and I use it that to start and stop recording. Not perfect but it works.
Will try, but I tried a bunch of different settings. I have the remote as well. Thanks

Reactions: jhbass
I initially used the hero 3+ silver and it is NOT COMPATIBLE, I contacted the 3dr help and that's what they said, only the BLACK version is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M