I give up trying to install 1.3

Reaction score
Connected to Solo via Solo Android App.
Get message " Updates Available"
Click button "Download Update"
Told to connect to home WiFi which I did and seemed to download updates i.e. progress bar running.
After a while download stops and "Begin" button is available.
I press begin and get message "Connect to Solo"
I go to my WiFi settings and connect to Solo, it connects and I get banner that lets me click to resume the app
I go back to the app and it is back where I started with a button "Download Update"

Its stuck in a loop. I have tried multiple times and with both my Galaxy Tab S and Galaxy Note devices.

I'd be pulling my hair out if I had any left.

Hopefully someone can help and point out where I am going wrong.

P.S App on tablet and phone is 1.5 and 3DR Services appear to be up to date.

I have a note 5 and tablets s2. Update was OK for me.

Perhaps clear your app cache or delete your app, and reinstall it, then try again?

I have had the same thing today on my android as well now given up. I also have my iPad this also won't download the update just says connect to internet even though I have 4G and wifi!,!

I think there is something wrong at 3DR end when I registered the email confirm link does not work comes up with no response from server?

Don't feel alone never had this happen before on previous updates but after reading some of the posts about the update maybe best to wait anyway.

I have had the same thing today on my android as well now given up. I also have my iPad this also won't download the update just says connect to internet even though I have 4G and wifi!,!

I think there is something wrong at 3DR end when I registered the email confirm link does not work comes up with no response from server?

Don't feel alone never had this happen before on previous updates but after reading some of the posts about the update maybe best to wait anyway.

My email confirm link doesn't work either.

I am now re-installing the app to see if that works.

Already tried that did not work for me on both IOS and Android.

P.S App on tablet and phone is 1.5 and 3DR Services appear to be up to date.

Pete,

The app should be 1.3.0.

You may have already done this but I'll throw it out there anyway. Install the app directly from the Playstore. If you've already done this, uninstall the app on your tablet, restart your tablet and reinstall the Solo app from the Playstore.

Remove your props, leave your GP in the gimbal but don't turn it on. Turn on your bird. Give it a minute or so and turn on your controller. Go to your wifi settings and connect to the Solo. Go into your settings in the Solo app and open up "System Info". Write down or print the info on that screen.

Now attempt to do the system update, it should tell you you need to connect to your normal wifi. If it does, then do so. If it doesn't than the updates have already been downloaded and the install should start. It does take a while and the controller and bird will do funky things. There could be several reboots during the process. Follow the instructions on the tablet and controller.

If it doesn't work this way write back and provide the information from the System Information screen. That's my best advice.

Jerry

I bet your app is already updated?
Go in to app setting, check versions of apps.
I seen this before, i just connected a proceeded to fly a little bit. That update message didn't pop up again.

I have uninstalled the app. and Re-installed from the Playstore .
System info:
App 1.3.0
Solo 1.2.0
Autopilot 1.2.0
Gimbal 1.1.4
Controller 1.2.0
Controller Firmware 1.2.0

It appears to download the update to the app however after disconnecting from normal WiFi and connecting to Solo (successfully) when I go back to the app
it is back to "Download app" stage again .

That is the same for me too just try's to download it again after!

Its very frustrating as the download takes ages and then to be dissapointed.

No luck after re-installing the app, still has the same loop.

I'll leave it till later today it is 2:18 AM here in Summer Time (GMT +11) PAL Country

All good now. Udated just fine and the email link didn't bounce. I'm guessing it was a problem at the 3DR end.

Thanks to all. Bad weather here today so I will try it out tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig