I can't beleive it!!!

Bleep, bleep. And bleep.

I thought I could harvest the gimbal motherboard off of this and place it on my half reassembled one, but after closer inspection, this one too is screwed; the 22 point flexible flat cable connector is crushed. On my other motherboard it's the 14 point FFCC that is damaged. Grrrrr

Which means I might have to purchase my third gimbal in 2 and a half months.

Cyber blitz - looks like one prop completely blown off and one blown or snapped one side of the other.

Marich: did the APC 10x45 solo props require any work to get on the solo? I got the 11x45 and they'll need drilling out to fit over the unthreaded portion of the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, no modification required.

I've only had this drone for 2 months and in all that time i've flown 10 times, if that (including waiting for a month for a Go-pro part). I just want it to work and fly without something going wrong. I want to enjoy the splendor of flying a drone.

If 3DR come back saying they won't replace it, its gonna cost heaps to get it repaired; a shell in Oz is $200AUD. It would be best to replace all the motor pods too, the remaining three have crashed into dirt (don't want to risk flying on them now)...

Motor pods cost about 75AUD each from eBay..

The amount of money i have spent on this drone in 2 months i could have bought a DJI Inspire!!!!
Have you considered moving all the components to a 450 frame. The frame is about $20 and your solo will looks like an Iris but you will have more room to work with and much better crash resistance. Even if you break a leg or two, it is cheaper and lot quicker to repair.

Have you considered moving all the components to a 450 frame. The frame is about $20 and your solo will looks like an Iris but you will have more room to work with and much better crash resistance. Even if you break a leg or two, it is cheaper and lot quicker to repair.
Can you provide a link? Will it accept a 3dr gimbal?

What a relief! 3DR are sending me a replacement drone and I don't have to send back what's left of the drone I have. Kudos to 3DR.

This means I can tinker with the guts of the drone i have (rubbing hands with a sly look). Or even rebuild it giving me two working drones.

Hopefully be back in the air in a few weeks.

Smoke me a kipper! Just recieved the replacement drone from 3DR. Didn't expect to get a new battery, controller and blades with it too. Only half expected a bare drone and gimbal. So pleased. Now to get back to flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solo Keith
What an anti-climax! Connected my GoPro camera to the new gimbal and Solo to find I could not get a video feed. After troubleshooting the usual stuff I took the GoPro apart to find the HDMI connector is destroyed beyond repair. I've only just replaced the motherboard with a new one for the same reason after a previous crash. The thing is, it was the cameras first flight after the repair.

So, yet again I'm grounded. I'm so p*****d off right now. I've had nothing but negative experiences with Solo since purchasing it 3 months ago after paying for it at the extortionate price here in Oz, and flying it only 10 times.

I just want to have some fun like most of you guys have..

I need to cool off!

Attachments

• IMAG0303~2.jpg
    IMAG0303~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
I'm finally back in the air yet again. I've flown a few times now and wow, i forgot how good this drone is. I used TOWER and planned a path and it did exactly what i programmed into it. Very good in the wind and i forgot how fast it can go. I flew for an hour and 20 mins, swapping batteries one after another and it worked like a dream.

Now i get to enjoy it like everyone else...

Reactions: dml931
Smoke me a kipper! Just recieved the replacement drone from 3DR. Didn't expect to get a new battery, controller and blades with it too. Only half expected a bare drone and gimbal. So pleased. Now to get back to flying.

how long did that all take to happen for you? i have crashed last week, and sent in a crash ticket from the app, all i have got so far is the sorry but we will get back to you soon message after 72 hours have passed which is their stated response time.

luckily i had another solo on order which arrived today so can get on with things, but very interested in how long the process is going to take here in australia... does anyone have any clues or previous experiences too??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig