How To Replace Solo Motor Bearings!

Me, I use a hot air soldering wand to soften the three tabs and then slowly work the board off. This allows me to re-melt the tabs during re-assembly and secure them back together almost like factory. All this effort accomplishes is to retain the circuit board (ESC) with the pod, otherwise you're battling the re-installation into the bird.

I've read that others cut or drill the tabs off. Then they either CA or hot-glue back together, unsure how the glue works in the long term due to heat from the ESC and motor. Mechanically it's no issue once installed, as the four screw secure the whole pod assembly with the bird once installed.

Me, I use a hot air soldering wand to soften the three tabs and then slowly work the board off. This allows me to re-melt the tabs during re-assembly and secure them back together almost like factory. All this effort accomplishes is to retain the circuit board (ESC) with the pod, otherwise you're battling the re-installation into the bird.

I've read that others cut or drill the tabs off. Then they either CA or hot-glue back together, unsure how the glue works in the long term due to heat from the ESC and motor. Mechanically it's no issue once installed, as the four screw secure the whole pod assembly with the bird once installed.
Ok now I'm not so confident again lol.

I replaced one of my Solo OEM motor bearing set, using Boca one. No power gain it seems, do sound a bit better only.

However, me lazy to do it again for the rest 3 motors.
I rather buy T motor and get a good motor....now that I tried them all 4, I rather spend more $ and just enjoy the labor saving and quality gain.

Motor winding quality is my worry with Solo OEM motor.
Good winding cost more. Higher insulation value for temperature tolerance and so on.
My logic said, if even for bearings the Solo OEM motor is cheapo, the rest of the componenst MUST be also cheapo.

In generators, winding insulation can be specified for higher quality ones. So it would be the same case for motors. Motors and generators dynamo/alternator is basically a twin sisters.

It's really not that big a deal. I used an X-Acto knife to cut them off. On reassembly I just put a drop of thick Cyano and a quick shot of accelerator.

:cool: I think we determined that even a caveman or cavewoman could do it, but having the correct tools for the job - priceless! (I obviously watch too many TV commercials.) ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44