How to find Flight speed?

Reaction score
I saw someone post that they have a dropdown box that shows the flight speed and some other cool things.

Where can I find this? Is this for BOTH IOS & Droid?

I put it in rabbit mode today, but couldn't see the speed.

Ryan G

I saw someone post that they have a dropdown box that shows the flight speed and some other cool things. Where can I find this? Is this for BOTH IOS & Droid?
I put it in rabbit mode today, but couldn't see the speed.

Ryan G
Touch anywhere in the red square area and the bar in green will slide down and show the speed and other useful info. I wasn't connected to Solo which is why mine just shows BATT.

Attachments

• solo_app-2nd_bar.png
    solo_app-2nd_bar.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for the info. I thought I did that, but I guess not. I will try this again tomorrow.

Thanks
Ryan G

I usually tap the icon that indicates the controller signal strength. For me, that seems to be the only place on the screen that will reveal the drop down.

I think the SOLO app is poorly laid out. Well at least for my use. That drop down should come up by default.

I find this easier to follow.
jjj.jpg

Yes. That is the default screen. It looks like its on a phone as there is more viewable area on a tablet. I run mine just like that but have the histogram turned on for exposure.

As a photographer, I'm hoping that the release of the gimbal introduces adjustment settings on screen. Like DJI Pilot does.

I bet they will. I am excited to see how it works. A cumbersome GoPro interface has little value. Needs to be easy as you still have a bird to fly!

That screen looks good. I dislike that mine has the Gopro settings all around the screen as I could care less right now, until the gimbal comes out.

That being said.. I prefer a screen that has nothing and with a dropdown whatever I set it to have. That way I get the most screen realestate to see what the heck I am doing.

Ryan G

That screen looks good. I dislike that mine has the Gopro settings all around the screen as I could care less right now, until the gimbal comes out.

You can shut that off !

Go into Go Pro menu and under settings OSD = Off.

The GoPro is overlaying the info and cluttering up your screen. Its not a Solo thing :)

That will make your flying world much more enjoyable !!

Headed out now to go and give it a whirl.

Thanks Rich

Ryan G

Reactions: rrmccabe
Speaking of speed, you guys are saying you're getting upwards of 50mph? I tested mine out today and the fastest I could get was 32mph on full rabbit.

Speaking of speed, you guys are saying you're getting upwards of 50mph? I tested mine out today and the fastest I could get was 32mph on full rabbit.
What mode were you flying in? In Manual mode I'm able to get 50mph.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl