Home point question

Reaction score
Question: I want to take video of some of the golf course fairways and greens here. If I take off on a fairway, fly toward the green, land on the green while controlling from the home position, shut down the motors. Then drive in my cart to the green, leave everything "on", go to the next tee, while everything is still powered on except motors, start motors again and take off from the tee, fly down that fairway and hit RTH, will it return to my second take-off point or my 1st?? Makes BIG difference. Read the Owner's Manual, isn't crystal clear and I don't want to do a Trial and Error test..:)

My understanding is it is from where the motors are 'armed' meaning started. easy test though. Take it out fly it, rth, moved 30' and do it again..

Reactions: DodgeP
Good question :)

Slightly off topic are you going to flight manually or using cable cam? Seems without would be an awesome place to use cable cam. Do your rotate and everything one end and then at other.

Last edited:
Reactions: DodgeP
I think it's the last place that you lock gps and start the motors. As mentioned previously, this would be a GREAT place to setup cable cam.

"Home" is where Solo is turned on at (gets GPS lock). If you need to change your Home location, turn the solo off, then go through the startup again to get a new Home GPS position.

RTH has been so accurate I will move about 100' tomorrow in a field test and let you know what happened.

FYI, don't have to restart everything for new home point. Wherever the motors are armed, that's the home point. Controller and Solo were ON but motors shut down. Went to new home points, started motors, flew 800" then RTH, always came back to the latest take-off point

FYI, don't have to restart everything for new home point. Wherever the motors are armed, that's the home point. Controller and Solo were ON but motors shut down. Went to new home points, started motors, flew 800" then RTH, always came back to the latest take-off point
That was my understanding and makes sense. Often users will turn everything on then carry it out to a launch point, which is where you want home to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl