Hero 3 Black

Reaction score
I have a hardly used Hero 3 Black. What will it be lacking as far as FPV when used with a Solo/ gimble combo vs. the 4 Black or Silver? Should I just try to sell it and purchase a new camera.. Steve

I have the Hero 3+ Black, and it works great with my Solo. I would say make sure the GoPro is running the latest firmware, as well as the Solo app, and use it. Why spend the $ if you don't have to? Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

I have a hardly used Hero 3 Black. What will it be lacking as far as FPV when used with a Solo/ gimble combo vs. the 4 Black or Silver? Should I just try to sell it and purchase a new camera.. Steve
Good news and bad news. The good news is that the Hero 3 provides the same great FPV video feed through the Solo app as the Hero 3+ and Hero 4. (I had been misinformed before my Solo purchase that my Hero 3 Silver would provide no live video feed to Solo, so I bought a Hero 4 Silver. But I just this very moment tried my old Hero 3 on the Solo, and it DOES provide live video feed through the app!) The bad news is that you won't be able to control the Hero 3 (start/stop recording, change modes, etc) from the app, although the gimbal works fine with it. So you'll just have to start recording manually, and record the entire flight.

I can't speak about the other models in the Hero 3 line, but I have full camera functions on my 3+Black. I can start/stop videos and take stills from the controller, and make changes on each. I guess I was lucky I went with 3+Black when I left the white side to go to the dark side....:D

I can't speak about the other models in the Hero 3 line, but I have full camera functions on my 3+Black. I can start/stop videos and take stills from the controller, and make changes on each. I guess I was lucky I went with 3+Black when I left the white side to go to the dark side....:D
Correct: Solo can control the Hero 3+ and 4, but it cannot control the Hero 3. Also, I just noticed that the Solo doesn't recharge the Hero 3 like it recharges the Hero 4. Does it recharge the 3+? A complete table of how each GoPro model interacts with Solo would sure be nice.

Yes it does charge the 3+. I have 3 GoPro batteries that I rotate regularly just for that reason, since my GoPro is strictly for the Solo. At least for now anyway. I do agree with you that a GoPro model specific chart of what each can do with the Solo would help a lot of us. Maybe someone who knows more about each model could come up with something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado