Here's some eye candy made with the Solo with gimbal and Gopro Hero-4 Black

Very nice. I enjoyed it. Any idea what caused the black lines at the 45sec mark? I am no expert for sure. Where was this at? It almost looks like somewhere in drought stricken Ca. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Very nice. I enjoyed it. Any idea what caused the black lines at the 45sec mark? I am no expert for sure. Where was this at? It almost looks like somewhere in drought stricken Ca. Thanks for sharing.
Lol, those lines were intentional it was simply nothing but special effects that I thought would look cool. I am located in California this is actually close to the San Fernando Valley.

Well, for starters, you can stop passing cars in no passing zones:D

I thought it was pretty cool. Here's my constructive critique...
  • the color is washed out in most shots. What GoPro setting are you using and are you doing any color correction in post? Thought about getting some ND filters?
  • the video kept my attention but was lacking an actual story. Was it about driving a car through the desert? Was it about flying a drone? Or was it about the desert itself?
Anyway, I thought it was cool and by no means am I an expert on the subject. Thanks for posting...

Reactions: Acroduster
I thought it was pretty cool. Here's my constructive critique...
  • the color is washed out in most shots. What GoPro setting are you using and are you doing any color correction in post? Thought about getting some ND filters?
  • the video kept my attention but was lacking an actual story. Was it about driving a car through the desert? Was it about flying a drone? Or was it about the desert itself?
Anyway, I thought it was cool and by no means am I an expert on the subject. Thanks for posting...
I'm using flat colors in the Go Pro settings, and I actually was using a ND filter, thanks for your opinion appreciate it, I'm actually not a fan of super vibrant videos and yeah I didn't really have a story I just put together a bunch of clips I've had from multiple days of shooting with Solo so I guess I probably just say it's just some what of a demo video really. :)

I figured you were using the flat setting. The flat setting is only meant to be used if you are going to apply color correction in post. It's really for advanced users who desire absolute color control. I would suggest using the Protune setting and then adjust the color in post to your liking. Are you using GoPro Studio?

I figured you were using the flat setting. The flat setting is only meant to be used if you are going to apply color correction in post. It's really for advanced users who desire absolute color control. I would suggest using the Protune setting and then adjust the color in post to your liking. Are you using GoPro Studio?
I'm using CyberLink PowerDirector-13 GoPro studio sucks in my opinion, I could of added color but honestly I thought It looked fine personally, considering this is just a demo video I'll make sure my next one look's better and actually has some what of a story rather then randomness. :D

Well you asked for a critique and it's just my opinion, nothing more. It's your video... do as you please. :)
Just curious... are you using GoPro Studio to convert the files first or just bringing them straight into PD-13?

Well you asked for a critique and it's just my opinion, nothing more. It's your video... do as you please. :)
Just curious... are you using GoPro Studio to convert the files first or just bringing them straight into PD-13?
I drop them in my desktop I don't use Gopro Studio at all. But yeah thanks I appreciate feed back this was the point. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig