Help quick we just went swimming in the lake

Dry it as much as you can then immerse in rice for a few days. The rice will draw out the remaining moisture, once dry you can determine what damage was done.
Good luck. And there should be lots of information out there on this - google or youtube?

I would take the top cover that houses the GPS off and put it all in the sun for a while. Even better would be to take it all apart.

They say the Bheestie is bette than rice. http://www.bheestie.com - haven't used it, but it's been featured on lots of different media outlets.
Cool, never heard of this stuff! Thanks for the link.

A lot of my flying club's members who fly RC float planes take all the electronic components and immerse them in Corrosion X, dry them out and reinstall them. They say it fully waterproofs them, but will only work in fresh water - SW is too corrosive. I've been to chicken to try that on any of my electronics.

Reactions: Lonewulph
Depending on the water. You may want to soak it in distilled water first. Residue is a killer.

Open it up as far as you reasonably can. The more the better. If you have an air compressor, blow out what you can. Get a GIANT bag (for something this big) of rice (Costco has them). Heat the (dry) rice in a metal container to 200 Deg F in an electric oven for 2 hours. Put the device in the warm rice, and put it back in the oven with the heat off. Move it around, and make sure the rice gets everywhere. Let it sit in the warm rice with no heat and the door closed for at least 16 hours. Turn it udside down and different sides every 4 hours. After 16 hours remove it and make sure no rice (or water) remains. If water remains, repeat. Try it and hope or the best.

Yes...disassemble as far as you can. If you have a good fan, you can put the parts in front of that for hours too. The goal is to get all the water off of all the electronics as quickly as reasonably possible.

Is everything completely soaked? Did it sink to the bottom, or float some?

2ft fresh lake 30 sec. Packed in ten # rice 3dr said send it back 1week return? Let her dry 48 hrs then try cross my fingers

Reactions: GoodnNuff
A complete disassemble is not bad. Start with removing the battery tray and the 4 ESC/Motor pods which only have 4 screws and 3 connectors each.

Definitely disassemble and dry using above tips. Be sure to not power up until a few days after all above proceedures. Were you able to power off before hitting water, if not was it still powered for 30 sec. In the water? Looks grim if it was energized under water. Fingers crossed for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig