Hello from the INW

Reaction score
Making an interesting migration from real aircraft to unmanned aircraft, finding the flying part relatively east, although have had my first wipe out. Guess I got too cocky and was flying too close about 5ft from a tree and got a gust of wind that plowed it into the Pine tree. Needles to say I took someone's advice while trolling the forums and bought some Master airscrew replacements.\
What I am curious about is all the chatter about open this and that Solex and green cubes, is there a thread that explains what all this is all about. My take on it is that it is different software and hardware created by some of the genius's on the forums, but that it requires a relatively high level of understanding of machine languages. I am using the Solo with a Hero 3 Black.
I have a few other questions if someone would not mind answering
Is there a better Human interface than an iphone?
I have three used batteries (the one that came with my Solo was DOA), but seem only to get about 15 mins of flight time is this normal?
and is there a better solution to get more flight time?

Welcome to the forum!
Flight time- 15 min is normal with the gimbal installed. More flight time- no.

Solex is an app for Android devices that replaces the 3DR app. It is much better, more capable.

I used an iPad mini 3 but now use a Nexus 7 (2013 model) so I can use Solex. There are a number of Android devices that you can use. Hopefully some members will chime in with what the use.

I'm not aware of one thread that incorporates everything about the open software and the green cube. Best to search the forum and read the various forums to learn about that. I'm not familiar enough to enlighten you.

Here's a thread on Android devices:
https://3drpilots.com/threads/android-tablets-for-use-with-solo.11610/#post-121172

Open Solo:
https://3drpilots.com/threads/open-awesomeness.11453/

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffbanke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig