Headplay Is in... Unboxing and first impressions

Is the jello effect at all noticable during flight? I could imagine that it could be distracting.

Best video I have seen that shows a good representation of what the video looks like through the goggles.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Just watched this video and yes, a great comparison video.
Flexfanatic, do you drive a Ford Flex by chance?

Nope, the Flex part of my name comes from my days of coding in Adobe Flex.
Ahh, ok. I've been looking at a Ford Flex and was going to pick your brain. Besides being ugly, one could fit both of my Greyhounds and some of my RC planes, and pull a trailer...

im not opposed to getting additional batteries, or a buzzer. Certainly if its only a 30-45 minute battery, which is about what i need, but id hate to have it die on me.
Is there a battery out there with the power connection that the headplay uses already there? like just a charge, plug and play?
thanks

Nope.. If you know how to solder just solder a deans style or Xt style connector on the pigtail from the old battery or find another end and use that one.. The battery it cam with was tooooo small for me to use with any of my stuff so I cut the end off and used it.

Presumably you could use 3S batteries without a heating issue if you put a ubec inbetween?

Presumably you could use 3S batteries without a heating issue if you put a ubec inbetween?
Yes you could, but why?
Now you're adding cost of the 3S over a two 2S and one more object to hang from your head and one more failure point to worry about,, as if there isn't enough of them already when you are flying FPV.
Kiss
Keep it simple stupid,,, thats the whole idea. Less is more. .

Well then,, that changes everything. ..NOT....
Just kidding,, I have used 3S and have a few also but had a larger 2200 laying around so I decided to be nice to the internal regulator...

Actually, I've found Sony NP video batteries work fine (7.2V), which is ideal for me as I use them commonly especially for video lighting, they're fairly cheap and much safer than LiPos, the extra weigh is even better for the feeling of balance on your head.

This adapter can even be attached direct to the GoPro mount already on the Headplays...

http://www.cinegearpro.com/sony-np-battery-plate-adapter-kit.html

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
Actually, I've found Sony NP video batteries work fine (7.2V), which is ideal for me as I use them commonly especially for video lighting, they're fairly cheap and much safer than LiPos, the extra weigh is even better for the feeling of balance on your head.

This adapter can even be attached direct to the GoPro mount already on the Headplays...

http://www.cinegearpro.com/sony-np-battery-plate-adapter-kit.html
The Sony batteries are lithium-ion, yes they are heavier and cheaper to manufacture then the lipoly batteries but don't have near the power density that lipos have. . Also they are NOT safer then lipoly... I would rather overcharge a lipo then a lithium-ion, ,, try it some time and see if you're outcome was the same as mine. . Just make sure if you do it's outside in a open area. .. You don't want to burn your house down:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feamador