HDMI Passthrough with Gimbal Issue

Well im happy with 3DR customers service

And yes remote start/stop the Camera and the pan works
but no Cigar :)

i start a RMA ticket with thems will see theys told me 2 weeks for replacement
Hi There,
I would say if we are just 2 with a problem then there could be many more, and to me fixing the issue might turn out to be more expensive than to replace I don't know, but I guess we just have to wait, its a shame cause the Gimbal really works a treat its just so much better when you can see what your shooting.
All the best,
Cheers.

Hi hi yes I have done that the camera end is solid and the other end where the floating lead from solo is sound , I would love to pull a couple of covers off and just see where that ribbon goes but I don't want to void warranty.
see this "PDF attached".
The guide is for checking " not" replacing HDMI cable going to main board, but simple to replace at this point.
I'm replacing my HDMI cable today. It's been a problematic, it's the "L" shape connector going to the camera, or if you have got a Gimbal, it connects to the HDMI port in Gimbal
Hope this helps...

Attachments

• Guide to check HDMI connection(2).pdf
    287.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Maddog
see this "PDF attached".
The guide is for checking " not" replacing HDMI cable going to main board, but simple to replace at this point.
I'm replacing my HDMI cable today. It's been a problematic, it's the "L" shape connector going to the camera, or if you have got a Gimbal, it connects to the HDMI port in Gimbal
Hope this helps...
Thanks for posting Steve. Where did you find that?

Sent to me from 3dr tech. Support. Cause I'm replacing the HDMI cable.
Also, there's a good video on how to do this on UT.
Got to love 3dr tech. Support...[emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks!

Just an educated guess here...
The magic of the gimbal is in the little slip-ring assemblies that connect signals like the HDMI and motor control from the moveable part to the non-moveable part. With almost no friction!
I could be mistaken, but it sounds like either a slip-ring failure or a bad connector that should have been caught in QC.

The other thing I have observed is that the HDMI plug will go into the socket but doesn't necessarily make contact until it clicks into its fully flush position. Some have also shown photos of HDMI plugs with displaced pins. A strong magnifier might reveal something out of place in one of the 4 connectors (Solo to Gimbal M & F, Gimbal to GoPro M & F).

see this "PDF attached".
Hope this helps...
Thanks thanks for that Steve but in my case I had video on that lead it wasn't until the gimbal was put in the line did the problem start.
Anyway my Gimbal hopefully by now is in their hands and we wait until it's return. But that information is handy reference.

Thanks thanks for that Steve but in my case I had video on that lead it wasn't until the gimbal was put in the line did the problem start.
Anyway my Gimbal hopefully by now is in their hands and we wait until it's return. But that information is handy reference.
No problem John,
One of the reasons I posted it, you asked:

"I would love to pull a couple of covers off and just see where that ribbon goes but I don't want to void warranty".

Anyway. hope you get to resolve you problem.

i think i found my problem there's missing pin in the mini hdmi connector
should be 10 pins i count only 9

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
No problem John,
One of the reasons I posted it, you asked:

"I would love to pull a couple of covers off and just see where that ribbon goes but I don't want to void warranty".

Anyway. hope you get to resolve you problem.

What I was referring to were the covers on the Gimbal, Steve that's got a flat ribbon cable that goes from the circuit board down to the bent flexible piece of plastic that holds the HDMI plug in it.but it's all good helpful knowledge.
Cheers, John.

No it looks like it's bend backward inside the gimbal mini Hdmi connector
this is the maxium i can get inside the hdmi connector
should this connector be flush to the go pro fully inside ?
do you have gap like this ?

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 17
No it looks like it's bend backward inside the gimbal mini Hdmi connector
this is the maxium i can get inside the hdmi connector
should this be flush to the go pro ?
Yes, on mine the connector sits flat against the GP. Has to be all the way in to get a signal.

Reactions: ProStock
Del how many pins you count on the wider side of the hdmi ? 10 or 9 ?
this is so tinny and i dont have a mag thx

what's the pinouts of a mini hdmi connector ?

10 Bottom & 9 Top ?

Del how many pins you count on the wider side of the hdmi ? 10 or 9 ?
this is so tinny and i dont have a mag thx

what's the pinouts of a mini hdmi connector ?

10 Bottom & 9 Top ?
Ok...my eyes are not the best.. That's for sure.. Comes with age!! Lol
But I was able to take a picture holding my iPhone for the flashlight in one hand.. And taking the picture with my iPad Air with the other..That was quite a task !!! Correct me if I'm wrong .. But I see 8 pins on one side... And 9 on the other!!

So are you saying i should have 10 and 9..??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Ok...my eyes are not the best.. That's for sure.. Comes with age!! Lol
But I was able to take a picture holding my iPhone for the flashlight in one hand.. And taking the picture with my iPad Air with the other..That was quite a task !!! Correct me if I'm wrong .. But I see 8 pins on one side... And 9 on the other!!

So are you saying i should have 10 and 9..??
Hi guys just looking at the pin out connections on the Mini HDMI it's a nineteen pin connector they may have dropped pins but the solo end has a 19 pin connector I haven't got my Gimbal to check the other end,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi guys just looking at the pin out connections on the Mini HDMI it's a nineteen pin connector they may have dropped pins but the solo end has a 19 pin connector I haven't got my Gimbal to check the other end,
Well that's interesting...those pins are hard to see..specially at my age..but it looks like I only have 17 on mine...?
So I don't know what to think..? Or did they drop pins is the question?
Or am I missing a couple..? But either way..my gimbal so far is working fine with no problems...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks