Has anyone of you flying the Solo indoor?

Reaction score
I am planning to fly my drone indoor but I can't do that due to the GPS. Do you guys have any ideas how can I fly Solo indoor? Thanks

I am planning to fly my drone indoor but I can't do that due to the GPS. Do you guys have any ideas how can I fly Solo indoor? Thanks
I have flown indoors many times in manual mode. You have to first be very comfortable flying in manual mode and should practice flying manual from all angles, including 'nose in'.

I have flown inside a large warehouse. As of now you must fly in complete manual mode. There is no optical flow sensor for solo yet that helps with indoor flight stability, but I am sure there will be one in the near future from 3dr or a third party vendor. Be sure to practice manual mode flight a lot before trying to fly inside. Polar Pro offers prop guards for solo that will help protect your props any obstacles you may encounter.

Reactions: Ian Tan
Ditto! Manual only indoors. You may get initial GPS, but chances are good you will lose it after takeoff. Practice manual control until you are very comfortable with it before flying inside. Good luck.

I have flown inside a large warehouse. As of now you must fly in complete manual mode. There is no optical flow sensor for solo yet that helps with indoor flight stability, but I am sure there will be one in the near future from 3dr or a third party vendor. Be sure to practice manual mode flight a lot before trying to fly inside. Polar Pro offers prop guards for solo that will help protect your props any obstacles you may encounter.
thanks for the information. but how can i change to Manual mode on Android system?

Solo tab when connected, then reprogram A or B to manual fly.

That way no need to wait for GPS....but no GPS lock outdoor and you have a problem RTH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig