Greetings from Orlando, FL

Reaction score
New Solo owner here, previous P2 Vision+ owner. I'm sure like a lot of recent members, I scored the excellent bundle price at BestBuy recently (I actually purchased 2 kits at that price). I've been following Solo from the beginning and it's one of the reasons I sold my P2. I'm really sad to see what happened to 3DR.

So far, I'm impressed with the fit and finish of this bird - it feels must better than my P2.

I only have 2 concerns: Solo App keeps crashing (randomly throughout the app, i've tried 2 devices, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Air 2). Range however, I've been reading about the wifi mods.

See everyone around!

Welcome from the West Coast of Florida (Tampa)! Make sure you are on latest version of updates 2.4.2 I believe.

I just noticed yesterday that on my iPad Air 2 that if I'm in map view and go back to the main screen I get a crash. This is repeatable and new. Not critical as the app is secondary to the controller. I'm doing more tests today to sort it out.

Otherwise its been very stable. Read all the stickies on the forum. Especially - program A button for manual flight. Will save you when things go south. Pause button is also your friend.

Agree about the build quality. Crazy good!

Welcome from the West Coast of Florida (Tampa)! Make sure you are on latest version of updates 2.4.2 I believe.

I just noticed yesterday that on my iPad Air 2 that if I'm in map view and go back to the main screen I get a crash. This is repeatable and new. Not critical as the app is secondary to the controller. I'm doing more tests today to sort it out.

Otherwise its been very stable. Read all the stickies on the forum. Especially - program A button for manual flight. Will save you when things go south. Pause button is also your friend.

Agree about the build quality. Crazy good!

I'm currently on that version. I left the GoPro at 3 however, because of the on/off issue I was reading about.

I'm not terribly worried about the App crashing but I am worried about future support of the App.

Your concerns for the iOS app is valid. However, I just purchased a cheep android device so I could use Solex. Awesome app currently being updated frequently.

Hello guys, I am from Sanford Fl, I also got one from Best Buy this weekend, I only tested on my backyard for few minutes, I am really worried about the issue of losing satellite connection and flying away, I am not sure if this is an old issue that has been fixed or not, do you guys know anything about it?

Hello guys, I am from Sanford Fl, I also got one from Best Buy this weekend, I only tested on my backyard for few minutes, I am really worried about the issue of losing satellite connection and flying away, I am not sure if this is an old issue that has been fixed or not, do you guys know anything about it?
I'd get the Solo GPS Shield V2 and install it. It's easy and gives peace of mind. If you are having trouble getting HDOP below 1.0, you should check out mRobotics direct replacement that includes GLONASS. mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N (Release 2)

I really want to buy the GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N (Release 2), But i never had a GPS problems, Flew under some tree limbs once, Solo started going off on it's own!, but recovered quickly.
perhaps to logistics of C.C Tx relative to sats above?
Never had a chance to use it more ten 30 mi. away.
I'll buy it anyway, just for for vacations & take a Solo with me....

@SteveReno I never did really either. However adding a new set of satellites and getting better HDOP seemed to me a good thing. People even reporting of getting sats indoors!

@SteveReno I never did really either. However adding a new set of satellites and getting better HDOP seemed to me a good thing. People even reporting of getting sats indoors!
Flying indoors, NEVER click fly mode while indoors! no matter what count or HDOP says.
I never didn't, but i can visualize, as soon as any interference causes GPS to lose it, & staying in fly mode, then just watch the fireworks! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig