Green cube update problem

Reaction score
I updated solo with green cube. I am getting two pale yellow lights in back, red and blue lights in front. I did imx python file zip before installing green cube. Installed cube. Installed wipe pixhauk zip, installed arduocopter 3.5.0 zip got all green lights. Reset parameters, installed arduocopter 3.5 parameter zip. Then I got the two pale yellow lights in rear and blue and red in front. Everything connects but solo will not power up. Recalibrated also? Any help

Do you have solex? the way to update a cube now is with the open solo release Matt just released. It resets and installs everything no problems. I hope the failed attempt did not make it a problem to recover.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Courtesy of P2P
Follow it precisely. I watched it and followed the steps
my only worries would be we do not know what state it is in right now

I turned my solo off for awhile and rebooted. It works fine now without going through the whole process by Matt. Thanks again. I have been a loyal fan of solo and will continue to contribute to open source

Awesome well detailed video, I swear there's no way I can screw this up.......... again......... Seriously though, looking forward to updating my solo with this. 2nd greencube left Japan last week, so can't wait to get that installed. Thanks for posting
pyrate that thanks to P2P and everyone else for all the hard work. I can't wait to get airborne!

I am getting ready to order my next green cube and here too.
This thing is flying so good I want it on my back up

Not to mention there are pictures of a tiny optical flow module roaming around. I want that one bad.
With the new year, cabus ESCs and a bunch of other goodies are heading out. I want to be ready.
Not to mention my big bird is getting solo ized with an IMX6, it already has a 2.1 cube

Well remember I said there was no way I could possibly screw up this update? Turns out I was right! Not only did it go like a dream, but it fixed my GC cube drones missing smart shots and fixed my bricked drone too! I'm now back up to three birds! Best update ever! :):):)

Reactions: pyrate
Can someone tell me what is gained by going with the "Green Cube"? ( and are the ones you guys are getting actually green ?? I've seen otherwise)

Green cube addresses the esc issues, and has heated Imu
I think there are other upgrades but do not know the specifics. there are some green cubes that are actually black with a green sticker. but they work just the same. Plus unless you have the equipment and skills to modify the stock cube the green cube is the only safe way to fly Arducopter master

stock solo is stuck way back at arducopter 3.2 or so I think
the newest version of arducopter that works on solo and the cube is 3.5.2
Lost of new features and support for new hardware like boat and throw modes for flight, also many of the flight parameters are update able. Optical flow and object avoidance, long range radios, RTK GPS are some of the new hardware options you have on master that are not supported on the old stock firmware. And that is a short list.
Not to mention your old stock solo firmware will never see another update, while master will continuously be updated
2017 looks to be the year of canbus, with new ESCs, gimbals and other new hardware coming online

The hardest part if the update procedure? Keeping your hands off the solo and controller and letting them do its thing. My advice? Watch the video while doing it and sing along.... or get a timer going and give your bird and controller enough time to do their thing. Seriously easy update to do!

Reactions: pyrate
it is funny how close it happens with the video, and patience is a must. I did not get the ques that solo was done like Matt did, so I just let mine sit until the end of the video and rebooted

Well you know what the next question is going to be then? Since I have all three birds running open solo, 2 are stock, 1 is a GC. I have a second GC on the way (hopefully here this week) and I want to throw it into one of the stock birds already running open solo. Is there a specific update process for this? Or do I just try to reload the open solo software for the bird followed by the parameters file? (And believe me, I'm not touching the bird with an upgrade until I know for sure, no more guessing!!).

Oh and it may be a "take your time" with the answer, the rain has finally come back to the PNW and I may be grounded for quite some time :(

Back to infrared, night and timelapse photography I guess! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M