GPS tracker suggestions

Reaction score
Hi! New user here. My 3DR solo just arrived and I was thinking of also purchasing a GPS tracker in case of an unexpected event. What can you suggest i go about this? Thanks

You mean to find the craft in case you lose it? Over the years I've done a number of things, including taking the Tagg (now called "Whistle") off my dog's collar and putting on the Phantom. Eventually I settled on the Marco Polo, small, light weight, and it does not depend on GPS to find the craft. It works very well.
Warning here though: it will likely cost you as much as did your Solo. Just keep in mind that that is an artifact given the fire-sale nature of the Solo.
Besides, the Marco Polo is like any tool. Once you have it, you have it. You only need one tag and a little Velcro tape to move it to whatever you are about to fly.

so there are no monthly/service fees? how does it work? and also how is the range on it?

so there are no monthly/service fees? how does it work? and also how is the range on it?
There are a lot of Youtube videos you can watch on it as well as videos at the link I sent. On mine (older version) the range is about a mile. I see one video mentioned 2 miles.
No monthly fees, buy it and you are done.

I have a TRACKIMO, which reports GPS position over the cell network. Does require a 5$/month subscription, but the first year is included with the ($115) purchase price.
I use it mainly with the dog, but should work fine with Solo. I'd stick it to the top of the battery with Velcro.
The highest update rate is 1/min, so will be fine for finding a lost drone. Has a companion iPhone app and website. Sometimes updates seem a bit slow on the app, but the website works great.

I have a TRACKIMO, which reports GPS position over the cell network. Does require a 5$/month subscription, but the first year is included with the ($115) purchase price.
I use it mainly with the dog, but should work fine with Solo. I'd stick it to the top of the battery with Velcro.
The highest update rate is 1/min, so will be fine for finding a lost drone. Has a companion iPhone app and website. Sometimes updates seem a bit slow on the app, but the website works great.
You say you stick it on the top of the battery, but could it affect the flight of the solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso